Cozumel COVID-19 updates

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do these numbers mean to show that there are only 2 people sick with COVID-19 on the island?
Officially, yes. But as noted, see post 147 for more information about what the numbers mean.

Don, admittedly, lots of loony conspiracy theories abound, but the reality is, that conspiracies themselves are one of the fundamental threads running through all of human history.

Um, that statement is itself an example of a loony conspiracy theory.

Do these numbers mean to show that there are only 2 people sick with COVID-19 on the island?

Correct

From the 13-May noon update:
Code:
                             Previous  ->  Today
Q Roo Confirmed Cases           1,144  ->  1,178
     Social Isolation             177   ->   153
     Hospitalized                 172   ->   172
     Recovered                    584   ->   633
     Deaths                       211   ->   220
Q Roo Tests pending               163   ->   155

Cozumel
     Confirmed Cases               22   ->    23
     Recovered                     13   ->    13
     Deaths                         7   ->     7
Data from SESA Quintana Roo on Twitter
See post #147 for more information about how these numbers are generated and why they may seem low or the the percentages unusual.

CORRECTION: I'd been grabbing the number of negative cases instead of positive cases for a couple of days. I'm not able to edit those messages and make corrections. My apologies. The link in each post goes to that days's report, which will have the correct numbers for that day.

President AMLO announced plans this morning for how Mexico will restart. The Health Ministry will establish a traffic-light system on a state-by-state basis that will control a gradual return to unrestricted activity. Details remain to be defined, but there's a decent overview (in English) at General Health Council announces an approved plan to start reactivation in Mexico - Riviera Maya News

The state of QRoo has released a map showing areas of high-infection in Playa del Carmen. Of note is that pretty much all of the 5th Avenue tourist district, ferry pier, and Av Benito Juarez from the pier to Hwy 307 is high risk.

Attachments

• pdc.jpg
    pdc.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 45
From the 14-May noon update:
Code:
                             Previous  ->  Today
Q Roo Confirmed Cases           1,178  ->  1,218
     Social Isolation             153  ->    141
     Hospitalized                 172  ->    164
     Recovered                    633  ->    686
     Deaths                       220  ->    227
Q Roo Tests pending               155  ->    162

Cozumel
     Confirmed Cases               23   ->    23
See post #147 for more information about how these numbers are generated and why they may seem low or the the percentages unusual.

AMLO is now saying the plan and schedule set by the federal government for restarting the economy is voluntary, and that there will be no fight or controversy if a state does not follow that national plan.

From the 14-May noon update:
Code:
                             Previous  ->  Today
Q Roo Confirmed Cases           1,178  ->  1,218
     Social Isolation             153  ->    141
     Hospitalized                 172  ->    164
     Recovered                    633  ->    686
     Deaths                       220  ->    227
Q Roo Tests pending               155  ->    162

Cozumel

AMLO is now saying the plan and schedule set by the federal government for restarting the economy is voluntary, and that there will be no fight or controversy if a state does not follow that national plan.
Must have been some recovered cases that went into confirmed.

From the 15-May noon update:
Code:
                             Previous  ->  Today
Q Roo Confirmed Cases           1,218  ->  1,257
     Social Isolation             141  ->    157
     Hospitalized                 164  ->    156
     Recovered                    686  ->    710
     Deaths                       227  ->    234
Q Roo Tests pending               162  ->    163

Cozumel

Found this article in English about AMLO's "new normal" for Mexico. Pretty good article that goes into the challenges ahead in addition to reporting on AMLOs statements: Mexico announces 'new normality' in plan to reopen economy

From the 16-May noon update:
Code:
                             Previous  ->  Today
Q Roo Confirmed Cases           1,257  ->  1,284
     Social Isolation             157  ->    172
     Hospitalized                 156  ->    149
     Recovered                    710  ->    722
     Deaths                       234  ->    241
Q Roo Tests pending               163  ->    186

Cozumel

My wife and I walked to our favorite coffee shop this morning, the first time in about two months. There were so few people and such little traffic that the town seemed like an empty movie set (it was a little creepy).

I'll take the liberty to give a shoutout to Coz Coffee. Tom has been open everyday, saying that he generaly has the same five people come in, and takes in just enough to pay his staff. When diving and visitors return, remember that Coz opens at 6:30 (7:00 on Sundays), so it's a good open for breakfast.

From the 16-May noon update:
Code:
                             Previous  ->  Today
Q Roo Confirmed Cases           1,257  ->  1,284
     Social Isolation             157  ->    172
     Hospitalized                 156  ->    149
     Recovered                    710  ->    722
     Deaths                       234  ->    241
Q Roo Tests pending               163  ->    186

Cozumel

My wife and I walked to our favorite coffee shop this morning, the first time in about two months. There were so few people and such little traffic that the town seemed like an empty movie set (it was a little creepy).

I'll take the liberty to give a shoutout to Coz Coffee. Tom has been open everyday, saying that he generaly has the same five people come in, and takes in just enough to pay his staff. When diving and visitors return, remember that Coz opens at 6:30 (7:00 on Sundays), so it's a good open for breakfast.

what’s the rumour on the street about date for reopening diving etc? I’m sure everyone has an opinion :)

what’s the rumour on the street about date for reopening diving etc? I’m sure everyone has an opinion :)

From the When will Coz Reopen thread:

Duplicate from the Cancun thread but it is being reported that the US and Canada will extend the non essential travel restrictions and US and Mexico officials anticipate extending non essential travel past the current date of June 1st. Non essential = tourist visas
Canada, U.S. are likely to extend travel restrictions until June 21: sources

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom