Cozumel Dive Boat?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Another vote for Aldora.

I think Ron is talking about Blue XTSea :wink:

There are many good operators on Coz and each will have a following here. Christi and her team do a fabulous job at Blue XTSea.

Whoever you talk to, make sure to ask questions that are important to you so you get an operator that suits YOUR needs and wants for the trips.

I did a bunch of research before our trip to Coz in March, and we're going with Aldora. The 5thD-X guys go with Deep Exposure when they're down there.

ScubaTony is my choice- haven't dove with Blue XTSea or Aldora but we loved Tony. He has his own 6 pax boat and he is his only employee so you get whatever service you need.

I thought I read on this board that Blue XT Sea does not pick up at Iberostar.

We will be in Coz in Feb. (CAN'T WAIT) and we are staying at Iberostar and diving with Liquid Blue. They are a great op with six pack boats and steel 120 tanks (more bottom time).

I'll be down there in April too. My roomate, his dad, and a bunch of their family friends planned the trip. This will be my first blue water experience, so I'm interested in good operators too!

Paco:
I thought I read on this board that Blue XT Sea does not pick up at Iberostar.

That was pre-hurricanes...they've eased up on the unreasonable demands...at least for now :)

fisherdvm:
Hey, first I think you might tell us where you are staying. It depends on if you are in town, south, or north...

I dove with Dive Paradise (once) and Del Mar Aquatics (6 days). They were both OK. You probably want a company with enough business that they don't lump the begginers with intermediate divers. The busier ones are likely to have night dives daily. Check with Dive Paradise, I think they are busier than Del Mar.

It doens't really matter where you are staying. Regardless of where you stay, you can dive with whichever shop meets your needs.

No one does night dives on a daily basis. If they happen to do night dives several nights in a row, it's an exception.

As you can probably see, this question (what's the best dive op on Cozumel?), while it's asked a lot, rarely yields any real information, as there is no answer. What you usually get is mostly cheerleading from individuals who have formed attachments to one dive op or the other and have sampled only a small fraction of the available options. The good news is that most of the ops are very good because the competition is so fierce (but good-naturedly so), and all the ops dive more or less the same sites. Your main criteria for choosing an op should be that which provides the type of experience you want (large vs. small boat/group, are larger tanks important, do you want your gear stored when you are not diving, that sort of thing), not which is "the best".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom