Cozumel divers - what camera are you using these days?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Now I kind of wish I needed a new dive camera. The G7X II is a pretty solid, capable camera...

I have the RX100 which is basically the Sony equivalent....it's pretty amazing. Here are some sample photos I shared yesterday while using a macro lens:

RX100 macro lens options
See, now that doesn't help. I just need to keep telling myself "The S110 is great, you don't need a new camera. The S110 is great..."

I am a novice at best, but here is my little GoPro rig. Currently I am using the 20 to 50 feet filter for everything underwater (simply so I don’t have to think about it). I plan on experimenting with the 10X Backscatter lens on our next trip. I had a nice closeup opportunity on a tiny seahorse, but it was unusable. I recently set the field of view to MEDIUM for the results I personally desire. I am able to extract decent stills directly from video, but the quality is nothing like an actual snapshot from a SLR. Hopefully this info is helpful, but please consider it a grain of salt.

GoPro Hero 4 (brand new Hero 6 was ordered today!!)
Dual handle tray
2 Evolva video lights
Backscatter flip filter (20-50]

Attachments

• 42ADB4CE-FFC7-4EA0-9A6B-80AFC49AECDD.jpeg
    42ADB4CE-FFC7-4EA0-9A6B-80AFC49AECDD.jpeg
    104.1 KB · Views: 66
I do realize the one message was for the Canon + housing at $1100. I was just seeing what Nauticam's housing cost.

See, now that doesn't help. I just need to keep telling myself "The S110 is great, you don't need a new camera. The S110 is great..."

When you really want me to turn on the enabling function that comes with speaking to me, let me know and I will sell you on it. :wink: I can also send you wide angle photos...hahaha. :)

I am a novice at best, but here is my little GoPro rig. Currently I am using the 20 to 50 feet filter for everything underwater (simply so I don’t have to think about it). I plan on experimenting with the 10X Backscatter lens on our next trip. I had a nice closeup opportunity on a tiny seahorse, but it was unusable. I recently set the field of view to MEDIUM for the results I personally desire. I am able to extract decent stills directly from video, but the quality is nothing like an actual snapshot from a SLR. Hopefully this info is helpful, but please consider it a grain of salt.

GoPro Hero 4 (brand new Hero 6 was ordered today!!)
Dual handle tray
2 Evolva video lights
Backscatter flip filter (20-50]

My dive buddy/partner/bf is still using a GoPro and I would love to hear your feedback about the Macromate +10 for the GoPro when you get it!

When you really want me to turn on the enabling function that comes with speaking to me, let me know and I will sell you on it. :wink: I can also send you wide angle photos...hahaha. :)
Careful, my bank account might have to put you on the ignore list.

The S110 IS a great camera!!! Believe me.
It's a tremendous camera. The best. Huge.
It has all the best dive housings. Many people are saying it's the best.

Of course, if you can make Mexico pay for the new camera and housing; get whatever.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom