Cozumel Honeymoon spots? (yes it will include Diving)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SquintyPete

Contributor
Reaction score
Ok Ladies and Gentleman here is my question it is kind of broad but any and all help is appreciated.

I have gone and gotten engaged recently. I had hoped that this would curb all of those pesky questions about "where would you like to go on a honeymoon if you ever ask" but No now its "WE NEED to decide where to go for a honeymoon" and "When are we going to set a date I need something more specific then in the summer of 2005"

Well to get the point
My Fiancée is a non diver (has a phobia about the water) and had started looking for places to go for the honeymoon. She has been looking for places that I could do a dive now and again. Well we (she) have been looking for places in the Caribbean. She actually has been looking at Cozumel.

She has found a place called Baldwin’s Guest House.
Has anyone heard of these people? I want us to when we go be able to have an affordable honeymoon where I can skip off for a few hours to dive once or twice.

Since I have never been to the Caribbean I have NO CLUE where to look.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a place to spend a nice (inexpensive) week for a honeymoon with good diving? Now I can't say GREAT diving because my fiancée or would be at that time WIFE would kick my butt if I spent half of our honeymoon underwater But she is giving me a few hours for a day or two so I am tickled pink.

Forgot to mention that we first looked at sandels but I have read alot of horror stories about that place........

err Oops If I made a mistake as to where this goes moderators feel free to move this thread. I just wasn't sure where this would go since it involves Mexico and the Caribbean both.

What, specificaly, are you looking for in terms of topside activites/amenities?

What is your approximate budget?

I'll probably have some suggestions once I know this.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

Well Budget will be small. I will have just graduated college and my Fiancee has a good job but shes paying for the whole wedding we are thinking around 2,000 total (that includes airfare) I know that limits us bigtime thats where the problems come in.

Sightseeing, Ruins, Shopping.. Beaches, Swimming, and I can convince her to snorkel.

For ammenities just something clean, kingsized bed would be nice, A.C., hot showers. We aren't picky.

Anywhere in the Carribbean or Bahamma region would be nice. I think she is liking Cozumel because of the Ruins nearby, and the many cheap local activities we've read about online.

The one place I mentioned before (www.moosepages.com) has rooms as low as 65 bucks a night. which really would fit our budget. We could go for a week at that price.. So you see our delima Two young people who wish to enjoy our honeymoon to the fullest...of course thats most everyone delima eh

Try Funjet Vacations. www.funjet.com I think they fly charters out of San Antonio also, which gets the price down to a more reasonable amount. You can probably find some good deals that will fit in your budget for Cozumel.

Cozumel has some great bargains right now as it is still low season. Its easy to get to from the US and has grat dives from the Novice to Expert......

SquintyPete:
My Fiancée is a non diver.
It's not too late to back out...:wink:.

SquintyPete:
Does anyone have any suggestions for a place to spend a nice (inexpensive) week for a honeymoon with good diving? Now I can't say GREAT diving because my fiancée or would be at that time WIFE would kick my butt if I spent half of our honeymoon underwater But she is giving me a few hours for a day or two so I am tickled pink.
Cozumel fits the inexpensive part. It's definatly a bargain dive destination. Unfortunatly, the diving is great so it won't fit in with that last part...

James

I wouldn't take anyone I wanted to stay married to to Cozumel for a honeymoon !

A better bet might be to stay in playa del carmen and you can get boat over to dive (much, much nicer resort) and possibly go to Tulum as well (great place0.

Also, look at belize.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom