Unknown Cozumel: Horrible dive accident...

This Thread Prefix is for incidents when the cause is not known.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In Brazil, at least in my state, the rescue team only do not perform cpr until medical staff arrives if there is evident lost of body integrity with no circulation, rigor mortis, livor mortis, any signs of putrefaction, exposition and loss of massive brain matter on an open cranium.

In Washington State we refer to this as "conditions incompatible with life" and do not start resusitation efforts. Biggest one is if they are cold to the touch in a warm environment. If a body is face down in the warm water and water temperature, that would be conditions incompatible and getting a line on them and waiting for law enforceme to recover them would be appropriate.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Enough. It has been established that many different jurisdictions and locales would not have jumped into life-saving attempts under the circumstances portrayed in this accident.

If you have NOTHING relevant to add to what happened to the dive victim, do not post. Your post will be deleted UNLESS it strictly and specifically addresses HOW this diver came to be deceased and floating alone.

Ahh, i hadn’t finished the other thread. You’re right. Mods, can this thread be deleted?

And the idea of it being physically possible for a 77 year old lady to haul a tank and gear to do a shore dive by themselves seems like a stretch, or at least an alarming scenario.
1703636757796.png

Merry is only 75, but I think shore diving in a drysuit with a heavy steel tank in cold, current-filled water should count for something. We made several shore dives during our Seattle trip. Our camera rigs weigh 20 pounds each.

Mods, can this thread be deleted?
You can request that by clicking Report on your post #1.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom