Cozumel in April 2012

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My wife and I and our two scuba buddies will be staying 3/30 - 4/9. Staying at Hotel Cozumel and diving with Dive Paradise. Can't wait!

Thinking of taking a trip April 5th - 12th and staying at Hotel Cozumel. I have a flight voucher I need to "use or loose" by April 24th. My 10 year old son has Spring vacation during this time and I found a great deal that's almost "too good for me to refuse".

I am OW certified with about 20 dives under my belt. My (soon to be Ex) Husband and I went diving in Coz last June and stayed at the IB with our son who was 9 at the time and we all loved it. The trip allowed our our son to snorkel for his first time in the ocean and also fall in love with diving in the pool. Ever since my son could not wait to turn 10 and "go back to Coz" so he could get his OW certification "in the ocean". He is almost 11 now, and of course I realize I will need a new dive buddy as a result of the divorce, and eventually that he will be a great one for me!

Let me know if anyone has any suggestions on a Coz Dive Op that would be good for certifying pre-teens? Dive Paradise appears to be the Dive Op at Hotel Cozumel but seems to receive varying reviews?

My son already has a lot of experience snorkeling in the cold waters of MN and breathing at the surface from a regulator, not to mention being a very experienced swimmer, so my prediction is that he will take naturally to diving but you just never know do you?

We dive with Dive Paradise regularly. Really like their staff and service. Never had a complaint. All are good divers and very professional.

I will be there April 7-15 with my two kids (17 and 21). Only my 17 year old is certified - the other may look into certification while there. Staying at Hotel Cozumel. Did not book it AI, nor have I scheduled any dives as of yet. Is it a good idea to set up dives prior to our arrival? I planned on diving with Dive Paradise, since they are onsite.

Dive Paradise is a pretty big op so they should be able to accommodate you if you visit them once you arrive. Do you get in early enough the day before you would want to start diving to complete paperwork etc. during their working hours?
I will be there April 7-15 with my two kids (17 and 21). Only my 17 year old is certified - the other may look into certification while there. Staying at Hotel Cozumel. Did not book it AI, nor have I scheduled any dives as of yet. Is it a good idea to set up dives prior to our arrival? I planned on diving with Dive Paradise, since they are onsite.

We're there Friday the 13th through Saturday the 21st. Three of us, including a recalcitrant 16yo who may not even snorkel. He likes to read though. Staying at the Presidente. Planning to dive with Blue Bubble/Scuba Shack (we dove with them last year and we liked it) although open to alternatives.

will be diving with Dressel divers from Iberostar first week of April: wife, our 12 year old (certified!) and myself.
Looking forward :)

DP usually runs an ad on Hola Cozumel, a tourist advertising map. If you mention the map when booking your dives you will get a 10% discount. We have found that if you make prior arrangements by phone or email you can usually get up to 15% of diving costs. Normal 2 tank morning boat dive is $69. Catch is you have to pay for all dives in cash or trav check in advance when you check in.

Thanks for the reply. Yes, we get in early enough on Saturday for paperwork and planning.

My wife and I who have been in Cozumel more times than I can count are going back April 21-28, last time we stayed at El Cid (November 2011, and used on site Dive shop which has own pier, they are very good, in fact we are now staying at Sabor and they owe me a dive, so will pick us up there. Sabor is next door to the Aura which has there own dive shop. Sabor is a mile and a half from El Cid. Rick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom