Cozumel in August!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wait. People doubt that Dave exists? How do they manage that?!?

I will be there for the first time August 26 through September 2. I will be staying at the royal playa del carmen. I am not certain which dive operator I am going to dive with. Are there any recommendations?

My wife and I have been going to Cozumel since 1998 and have always dived at least 3 days with Aqua Safari. We each have well over 100 dives in Coz and 80% were with Aqua Safari. Bill Horn and Donna run a good business and their dive guides are top notch. They actually show you stuff, rather than just being diver-herders. Aqua Safari are next to the Casa Mexican downtown; their pier is across the street.

If you can get 3-5 others to go along to fill out the boat, try Edmundo Torres at Cha Cha Cha (around the corner from the Casa Mexicana at 7th south st. # 9) for a good dive on Barracuda in the north or Punta Sur/Maracaibo in the south. One man operation, 20 years in business, great guide. After the deep dives he will take you on a 60 minute drift dive that always produces many big turtles, big groupers and nurse sharks. Tell him Bob and Margie from Washington DC sent you. We were with him on Augusts 15 and 16. For shorter trips, he will go with only two in the boat (plus him and his captain, of course).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom