Cozumel in August!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

judydivescoz

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I know its a bit early and honestly, I have been waiting for DandyDon to start this thread, but I just can't wait anymore.
Jed and I will be in Cozumel August 6th-24th. Diving with our friends at Albatros Charters staying in Corpus Christi. We plan on a few days on the mainland visiting some of the ruins. During our trip we will also be celebrating my birthday and our anniversary. So excited, Jed had to cancel at the last minute the last trip because of a work situation but promises that it will not happen this time. Looking forward to time with my husband, visiting friends, diving of course and all Cozumel has to offer!!
Who else has August plans?

I know its a bit early and honestly, I have been waiting for DandyDon to start this thread, but I just can't wait anymore.
Jed and I will be in Cozumel August 6th-24th. Diving with our friends at Albatros Charters staying in Corpus Christi. We plan on a few days on the mainland visiting some of the ruins. During our trip we will also be celebrating my birthday and our anniversary. So excited, Jed had to cancel at the last minute the last trip because of a work situation but promises that it will not happen this time. Looking forward to time with my husband, visiting friends, diving of course and all Cozumel has to offer!!
Who else has August plans?
:lol:​
I'll be there for my birthday too, staying at Villa Blanca, Aug 21-28, ruins at the end. Hurricane Dean made me miss a BD there once, but that's very rare. Can you pick me up at the airport? :rofl3:

Last edited:
So Don, looks like you have 2 rides...one for you and one for your 350 pounds of luggage!!!:D

We're there the 8th-14th. Staying at La Cieba this trip because we needed to use one of our excess timeshare weeks and didn't want to be at a place that wasn't AI mandatory and be fairly close to town. Too many good restaurants to graze at a buffet all week:wink: Haven't decided on who to dive with. Could go with Babieca at the hotel, because they appear to leave a little later in the morning, so we could sleep in a bit. Maybe Dive w/Martin because we have enjoyed their services in the past & they are convenient to La Cieba or maybe Blue XTsea & Christi again. Or.......there are just so many good choices. Would loved to have gone back to SCC, but this is going to be a relatively cheap trip since the Condo has no cost and my boss paid the airfare....I think he wants me out of his hair for a while:D

Mike

Video from last trip:MobileMe Gallery

I had been tracking airfare for August for the past 2 months. From the New York area it had been very high so I decided to wait for a drop. This past week the air from the local airport in Newburgh dropped close to $300 to just a hair over $500! That airport is only a 10 minute drive! I booked it and did not even bother to check the airports closer to the city. With getting a driver ($350.) or parking ($350.+) the fare would have almost had to have been free to make it worth my while to go there. The flight stops in Atlanta where I get to meet up with my husband.
If you are looking to go to Cozumel flying from New York, looks like this might be the time.

21-28 at SCC for the wife and I!

Will be there 8/21 - 8/28, first trip was back in January and I can't back there soon enough. I dove with AquaWorld because we had some free dives with our reservations but am unsure of who to book with. It seems like there are so many great operators you can take your pick but I would like to venture into a cenote, any advice on who to go with on the mainland one morning?

Will be there 8/21 - 8/28, first trip was back in January and I can't back there soon enough. I dove with AquaWorld because we had some free dives with our reservations but am unsure of who to book with. It seems like there are so many great operators you can take your pick but I would like to venture into a cenote, any advice on who to go with on the mainland one morning?
You'll get a lot more info if you :search: this forum for cenote, but whomever you choose for a Coz operator might have a preferable connection for you.

You'll be there the same dates as us. Maybe our paths will cross, or maybe you're on the same plane? :pilot: Wear and orange arm band or something so we can say howdy. :laughing:

My wife and I are returning for our second trip this year, can't stay away. 8-3/8-10, staying at Casa Del Mar this time can't wait.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom