Cozumel in August!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Will be there 8/21 - 8/28, first trip was back in January and I can't back there soon enough. I dove with AquaWorld because we had some free dives with our reservations but am unsure of who to book with. It seems like there are so many great operators you can take your pick but I would like to venture into a cenote, any advice on who to go with on the mainland one morning?

I highly recommend you look into Aldora Divers (Aldora Divers of Cozumel). They have consistently been ranked the top dive operator in Cozumel! They dive 120 cubic ft. steel tanks which makes for longer dives if you so desire. They also are the only operation on Coz to routinely dive the East side.... And, trust me, it is a whole different world over there!
The other thing I really like about them is that they are very good at dividing the divers into groups with similar skill levels. This means that advanced divers are not hindered by those less experienced, and newer divers are not thrust into situations they may not be prepared for!
My wife and I are sitting here tonight trying to decide if we are going to return in July or August. We were there in Nov. '09 and last March and try to get down there at least twice a year!
If in July, it will be the week of July 3rd. And, if in August, the week of the21st. We almost always stay at Cozumel Hotel and Resort.
We hope to meet lots of new ScubaBoard patrons while there!

:lol:​
I'll be there for my birthday too, staying at Villa Blanca, Aug 21-28, ruins at the end. Hurricane Dean made me miss a BD there once, but that's very rare. Can you pick me up at the airport? :rofl3:

Sooooo, who ya' diving with, Don? :eyebrow:
Laura and I may be down there then.

Sooooo, who ya' diving with, Don? :eyebrow:
Laura and I may be down there then.
Haha I'm easy to avoid. It's a big island in a way, unless you're on the same boat as us? If so, we'll try to behave. Since we're staying at the Villablanca anyway, we're going with Scuba Mau Cozumel as we've heard nothing but good about them, they are a little lower cost than the operator I've been using, and have been very nice in emails. Want to go north at least one day, after a couple of days to get our dive legs back and impress the operator that we're not as dumb as we look. That will also depend on weather and whoever else they have on the boat, of course. Full moon is on the 24th and that might affect more than tides; I've read some on that but don't remember.

This is my first attempt at keeping "The List"!

JLYLE July 31-August 21 Scuba Club Cozumel
BARADA (8) July 31- August 7 Scuba Club Cozumel
MATHEWJEN August 3-August 10 Casa Del Mar/??
JUDYDIVESCOZ (2) August 6-August 24 Staying with friends/ Albatros
KABAL22 August 7-August 15 ???/Living Underwater
BUDAMAN August 8-August 14 Le Cieba/Babieca
DANDYDON and buddy August 21-August 28 Villablanca/ScubaMau
MERFMAN August 21-August 28 Scuba Club Cozumel
MMABASSADOR August 21-August 28 ???

Last edited:
My second trip Aug 13 - 23. Staying Wyndham Sabor and Dive with Martin. First trip last Apr.

JUDYDIVESCOZ (2) August 6-August 24 Staying with friends/ Albatros
KABAL22 August 7-August 15 ???/Living Underwater
BUDAMAN August 8-August 14 Le Cieba/Babieca
COBRA269 August 13-23 Wyndham Sabor/ Dive with Martin

Last edited:
I made a boo boo...we're actually going in on the 7th.

Has anyone flown back from Coz since they made the changes concerning carry-ons and other restrictions on Intl. flights back to the US. I know they were talking about allowing just the one carry-on & no personal bag. It would make it hard to carry my video rig & cameras along with our regulators in one bag.

Mike

JUDYDIVESCOZ and hubby August 6-August 24 Staying with friends/ Albatros
KABAL22 and wife August 7-August 15 ???/Living Underwater
BUDAMAN August 7-August 14 Le Cieba/Babieca
COBRA269 August 13-23 Wyndham Sabor/ Dive with Martin

Back
Top Bottom