Cozumel in December 2009

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

La Verenda for Dinner
Guidos for Lunch or Dinner
Kinta for Dinner- You will probably need a reservation (may still be closed for remodel/ expansion)
Prima was good but I think they relocated closer to the beach and not sure if menu has changed.

The Mrs.& I will be in Cozumel Feb.5th - 9th. Staying @ Vista Del Mar.
Diving with Aqua Safari.

Any feed back on this hotel or dive operator?

We've stayed at the Vista del Mar a couple of times and like it. Large clean rooms and the place is convenient to all the restaurants in town. Right across the street from the Aqua Safari pier. Plus they have huge walk in showers that are handy for rinsing your gear at the end of the week. The staff was always friendly and very helpful too. No help on Aqua Safari since we've not been diving with them. Have a good trip.

La Verenda for Dinner
Guidos for Lunch or Dinner
Kinta for Dinner- You will probably need a reservation (may still be closed for remodel/ expansion)
Prima was good but I think they relocated closer to the beach and not sure if menu has changed.

I believe that Guidos is closed for remodelling.
La Kinta is open. Resevations might be wise however business is down on the island and probably not necessary.
Menu is the same and food just as good. Nice view of San Miguel from the rooftop although I still preferred the location in town.

The Mrs.& I will be in Cozumel Feb.5th - 9th. Staying @ Vista Del Mar.
Diving with Aqua Safari.

Any feed back on this hotel or dive operator?

I cannot comment on the Vista Del Mar. Dove with Aqua Safari the last two days partly to say hello and my dive op was not diving yesterday due to the Iron man comp.
Aqua Safari IMO is a solid dive op. They have excellent instructors and divemasters.
I do find that on occasion they take too many divers on their boats. They also dive by time and not air in order to get back to the pier on time. Ended two of my three dives with 1000 PSI. Overall I still rate them as very good. They do three dives a day and price is good. They also have a fast boat that gets you out and back early in the morning.

9 days and counting, of course I don't count today or the day we leave! Is that considered cheating?! I can hardly wait!!

Back
Top Bottom