Cozumel in November 2009

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks, Sal. I'll fix it with Klara -- she thought she heard that 23 people were coming on the 26th so she asked me to check into it. She must have been doing too many things at once when someone told her that SBers plan to visit.

Will stop by for a few minutes -- Ironman meeting at 6:30 -- should be brief -- maybe you'll still be there after...

See you soon!
If not, should be at Los Otates after. And you know my address! Hope you make it there...

I haven't heard about the 26th, but I am sure I'd be game! :D

PM me your phone #, if you like, and we'll make a concerted effort to be in the same place at the same time.
Wanted to ask you about considerations getting to the airport from the Villa on the 29th!

Hasta pronto!
Sallye

Don't know what time you're leaving. The morning should be easy sailing as you need to cross the run course -- the last segment of the race. Allow a little extra time in the afternoon. A taxi should be called and it will be allowed to take you. They won't allow a private car to drive on Melgar during the event and you have little choice re route (there is a back way to the airport but it also uses the course) -- you'll have to pay -- sorry about that!

I'm PMing my numbers.

Thanks, Deb!
Got your PM - thanks...
I think I go to the airport about noon... I'll bet Omar will know. He drives a taxi and usually takes us over.
Thanks for the update!
Sallye

Oh yeah! I need to add 5 to the Wet Wendy's count for the 23rd. So, guesstimate is 15ish.

Still fits with regular seating. Should I ask Klara to keep the kitchen open for this group or is it drinks, chips & salsa only? I know you're going to dinner after.

Hmmmm... What would - she rather do or - be easier? I think either would be most acceptable - as you say, some of us are out of there for dinner...
I'd hate to ask her to keep the kitchen open when I'm not dining.

Anyone else out there got any input???

Thank you, again, for chasing this down, Deb. Are you the official extra-diving-event hostess for Cozumel???

Oh! I want a calendar if you are distributing them....

Klara would have to pay the staff overtime to keep the kitchen open. Not something I would ask her to do unless people think they will order off the menu.

Have calendars & will bring them. Ironman meeting's been moved to Wednesday!!!

Klara would have to pay the staff overtime to keep the kitchen open. Not something I would ask her to do unless people think they will order off the menu.

Have calendars & will bring them. Ironman meeting's been moved to Wednesday!!!

Well, by all means, plan on drinks and chips, and let the staff go enjoy their evening, don't you think?!?
Will be GREAT to see you!

To all who are going to Wet Wendy's on Monday the 23rd: Disregard previous info. It's High Season!! WW's kitchen is open until 8pm every night!

WooHoo! Thanks Deb!
See you on Monday, if not by happy chance before...
Sal

First 2 days have been great. Water has been calm, good friends, good food.( LOs Otates and ElFoco for dinner so far) We stopped by Wet Wendys last night. And of course the diving has beeen great. No lion fish so far.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom