Cozumel Photo -- Show me your Batfish!!! (like a challenge?)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Very cool!

At last years Scuba board Cozumel invasion they had a photo contest and they printed out a list of subjects, it was an underwater scavenger hunt with different fish and stuff on it

That sounds really cool, and piques my interest more in the Invasion. Do they do that every year?

Oh, and to not hijack away from the subject of batfish, I have no pictures of batfish, and don't think I've ever seen one. Kudos to those of you who have the pictures. They look similar to Scorpionfish. I assume they're "related."

Wow batfish in Cozumel, I've never seen them there. Such an amazing fish. Blue Heron Bridge in Florida is a great place to see them...saw 8-10 there in one dive last week!

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Mike
Very cool!

At last years Scuba board Cozumel invasion they had a photo contest and they printed out a list of subjects, it was an underwater scavenger hunt with different fish and stuff on it

That sounds really cool, and piques my interest more in the Invasion. Do they do that every year?

You never know what I have up my sleeve. :wink:
Our sponsors have donated a bunch of prizes.

Yes bat fish are uncommon in Cozumel but I have seen them twice. Here's a pic from the second time I seen them in Cozumel.

2009 in about 4 feet of water while snorkeling at the roped off area at the Grand. IMG_0225.jpg

the only place I have seen a batfish was off SE Fla coast diving. I asked the DM about it and he said they are very rare, good luck finding one... so of course I found one on that very dive. It was too funny, the DM felt silly, and so he had to go in on the next dive to look for them himself. He found one too. :D So I think they must be much more common in that area of Fla than anywhere else in the Carib.

Now I must find one in Cozumel!!

robin

Heavens to Mergatroid! Batfish! Sorry... couldn't resist, Robin :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom