Cozumel questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rkimes

Registered
Reaction score
I am new to diving and planing an April 2017 trip to Cozumel. My wife doesn't dive or even swim, looking for recommendations on where to stay and activities to accommodate both of us. She does love the beach.

I've only been to Cozumel once (so far) and I stayed at Scuba Club Cozumel. My girlfriend does not dive so she got discounted accommodations. There were other diver widows that she hung out with while I was off diving. She appeared to be enjoying herself quite a bit shopping and lounging in the hammocks etc. There is a "beach" but it's more like a large sandbox. She went out as a passenger on one of my dive trips and had a great time and also loved snorkeling right from the resort, but of course it's probably better to know how to swim before snorkeling :wink: . There is a real beach just a short walk to the south but I've only seen it at night. I pretty much stayed at the resort but there appears to be ample restaurants and bars and night clubs nearby, many within walking distance. If you are unable to walk back taxis are readily available.

If your wife loves the beach, then you should take a look at the southern AI's. Not great beaches like you find in Akumal or Tulum, but much better than the average on Coz.

We booked our December trip through Bay Adventures | Dive Adventures and Island Vacations and they did a great job for us in dealing with a couple late arising problems (family health issues).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom