Cozumel Tourist Safety

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mark, when in January will you be down there? I'll be in Coz from Dec 28th - Jan 4th. Sure wouldn't mind meeting some fellow SBers, though I will have a buddy with me (sis's boyfriend).

I've been to cozumel dozens of times. Kind of freaks you out to see so many security guards with assault rifles. But other than time sharing scammers on every corner and in you hotel lobby cozumel is a pretty honest place. I have never felt unsafe at any hour there. Went around the island with a family who constantly left backpacks in the back of an open unattended jeep with no problem. I once left a bag in the crowded town square, came back ten minutes later and it was still there. Try any of that in Hawaii.

Mark, when in January will you be down there? I'll be in Coz from Dec 28th - Jan 4th. Sure wouldn't mind meeting some fellow SBers, though I will have a buddy with me (sis's boyfriend).

I would love to meet up with you. Unfortunately, we'll probably be going in the second week of January.

Hope you guys have a great trip!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom