cozumel tours?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DANDYDON we are going to be down in you neck (BLUEHOLE) of the woods on MAY22 maybe well C ya there. Ya got some really good pictures.

I've parasailed in Mexico (and other places) before and it was fine. I WAS a lot younger then but wouldn't hesitate to try it again. Just never had the inclination. I HAVE seen them come AWFULLY close to buildings - I think in Hawaii.

The first time we went parasailing in cozumel was in 1994. They said we were 600 Ft up I don't think they go that high any more. My mom & dad are in there early to late 70s & really wanted to try some new stuff. But ya know that's why you sign that waver:rofl3:.

They're in their 70's and want to go parasailing? Good for them! Let us know how it turns out.

We booked through the same company and did the Horseback Riding Cozumel - El Cedral Jungle Ride. It was really cool and the guide was very good. I have no complaints with the broker or the ranch. We even got a nice photo of us on the horses taken by the people at the rance. It was definatly a fun trip. It got a little warm in jeans on cozumel so I would suggest going early morning at 8am

They're in their 70's and want to go parasailing? Good for them! Let us know how it turns out.
My mom went parasailing tandem with my daughter at 76. She's 82 now, and last week in Cozumel she went deep sea fishing three days and caught a 30 lb king mackerel, and she snorkeled from Villablanca to Blue Angel with no current to assist her. She wants to do the zip line next year when we go back. She is my role model.

My mom went parasailing tandem with my daughter at 76. She's 82 now, and last week in Cozumel she went deep sea fishing three days and caught a 30 lb king mackerel, and she snorkeled from Villablanca to Blue Angel with no current to assist her. She wants to do the zip line next year when we go back. She is my role model.

ggunn
Hearing things like your story & people like my parents give me hope for later on in my years. Ya know for when I get there.

So does anyone have opinions on the tour agent in the original topic? The site looks like convenient one-stop shopping, the menu looked impressive enough, and they're mostly just not my kind of tours so didn't know enough to comment really.

Maybe I'm a little paranoid about the parasailing, perhaps after seeing my dad go thru two hip breaking incidents, and some people are sturdier than others. I keep reminding myself that I am too old for the falls I used to shrug off, but last August I slipped on a farm machine, found myself horizontal in air, then dropped 5 ft onto a hard packed dirt turnrow - landing on a thick cell phone with extended battery. Warped the phone and left a huge bruise but I finished the day and left in the morning for Coz.

I know that activity related deaths are fairly rare, but they happen, and news is suppressed to the point we never hear about them unless someone posts about them online, here or somewhere. I knew a diver who had been on a white water rafting tour when one of the tourists onboard drowned. They offered to complete the tour but they all walked out. Parasailing deaths are uncommon, but there have been some down there. I shudder over thots of some of the stunts I have survived over the years. Anyway...

The state department cautions are a little much perhaps, but worthy reading for any visitor still I think: Mexico I never have gone thru the "Merchandise to Declare" lane at customs to declare my electronics and I carry 3 times as many camera as allowed duty free, but something to consider.

"We're not in Kansas anymore, Toto..."
animal-smiley-037.gif

dandydon your correct to err or the side of caution but the parasailing is very calm. You stand on the back of the boat on a large deck then they real you out, when your done they real you back there aint nutun to it. IRBoarder glad to hear that you went through cozumel-tours & had a good experience with them. I really hate being a guinea pig

Last edited:

That's excellent. I hope to be similarly adventuresome as I get older but am not sure there will be enough duct tape to get the job done. :shakehead:

Back
Top Bottom