Cozumel Underwater Video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Detonate,

I loved your work. Let me ask a couple of questions;

1. Are you using a wide angle lens? Some scenes looks so...
2. What are your video lights?
3. Do you use a color correction filter?
4. What was your shooting depth?
5. What was your white balance setting?
7. Which video editing sowftware you use?

And a few suggestions;

1. Try avoiding zoom in/out during shooting. First set your zoom level then start shooting.
2. Try to use a tripod (or monopod) to avoid shaking (especially in macro shooting)

The rest is incredible...

Keep up with the good work.

Yener

Watching this was like going on a great mini-dive at my desk. Oh well -- off to a boring meeting now.

1. Are you using a wide angle lens? Some scenes looks so...
I'm using a Sea & Sea housing that came with a built in 0.5x wide angle lens. It seemed to work well. I also bought a macro port to use with the housing.
2. What are your video lights?
None on any of the footage in that video.
3. Do you use a color correction filter?
The Sea & Sea housing has a built in UR PRO filter that can be flipped on and off. When shooting wide angle, I used the filter. While using the macro port with a +4 diopter, the filter is unable to flip down, so no filter on the macro stuff.
4. What was your shooting depth?
Between 40 and 60 ft
5. What was your white balance setting?
Used manual white balance off of the sand. I found that if I white balanced off the top of the reef, most of my shots were a bit bluish in cast. And if I white balanced off the bottom of the reef, most where too Red. You really have to do it right in the middle somewhere.
7. Which video editing sowftware you use?
Pinnacle Studio 9+

And a few suggestions;

1. Try avoiding zoom in/out during shooting. First set your zoom level then start shooting.
2. Try to use a tripod (or monopod) to avoid shaking (especially in macro shooting)

The rest is incredible...

Keep up with the good work.

Yener
Good suggestions! I didn't realize I could get a triopod or a monopod for underwater shooting?

When shooting macro I tried laying flat on the sandy bottom, but you can only do that if there is a sandy bottom to lay on. Notice how steady the blenny shot is compared to say the feeding coral. The feeding coral I was trying to shoot while being pushed into it by the current.

That was really good for your first time out of the box! The colors were great . Very nice, congrats.

Very nice video! I am also attempting my first video. Just returned from Bonaire. I hope my turn out as well!
Spiderwebb

I downloaded this just after you posted it, and I have showed everyone. As was said above, this is my mini desk dive video. When I need to escape for a couple minutes... I click the shortcut in the middle of my desktop. Absolutely incredible. The Sea Turtle part was my favorite. So beautiful.

Detonate:
Here is my first attempt at shooting Underwater Video.
Thoroughly enjoyable!
Thanks for sharing that.
Rick

Excellent video. Loved all of it.

dnhill

Thanks a lot for all the comments!

I can't wait to get back out there and try again. :D

Back
Top Bottom