Cozumel Underwater Video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dang.... that was schweet. i'm a little green with envy at this point, but just makes one try harder.... first time out... dang. - WOW!

question: what did you use to RENDER your videos to WINDOWS MEDIA FORMAT? was it Pinnacle 9+? at 640x480 it's still got awesome clarity and the size is still 'doable' in todays realm of Cable & DSL connections. i've tried 512k WMV from PPro and it is NOWHERE near as nice and clean.

please advise !

thanks in advance

Outstanding! Gotta beg to differ with those suggesting a linear storyboard. Everybody knows you jump into the water to start... but your best video goes up front. Maybe bag the jump in altogether. The real trick is to get the right transition shots so you don't have to spend an entire edit session dissolving. First go, huh? Great job.

I'm not an expert either and I don't have any advice. Just gotta say that I thoroughly enjoyed it. It's also my desktop dive now (do those count in a log book?).
Don't they make a vid cam with some kind of image stabilization mechanism in it these days? Probably cost prohibitive though. Monopod much cheaper.
Nice work!!

hey, i just happened upon your video, and after 4 runs of it, i have decided to keep in file to look at later. that is some great video, so when you make more, give me a hoot so i can enjoy more.

That's really amazing - you did a really good job... I can't wait to get wet. I ended up buying a Sony PC1000 even though it is reported as having less-than-spectacular low-light-level performance (it's intended as a multiuse camera) - I hope I do 1/2 as well as you on your first try!

I really enjoyed that...thank you!! I am sitting in New England with 1 foot of snow in my yard. It was a great escape.

Thanks Again!!

3. Do you use a color correction filter?
The Sea & Sea housing has a built in UR PRO filter that can be flipped on and off. When shooting wide angle, I used the filter. While using the macro port with a +4 diopter, the filter is unable to flip down, so no filter on the macro stuff.
4. What was your shooting depth?
Between 40 and 60 ft
5. What was your white balance setting?
Used manual white balance off of the sand. I found that if I white balanced off the top of the reef, most of my shots were a bit bluish in cast. And if I white balanced off the bottom of the reef, most where too Red. You really have to do it right in the middle somewhere.

Great video! The colors were great indeed! Just wanted to ask, during the wide angle shots, did you manual white balance with the UR filter on?

The color contrast is just amazing :)

Detonate:
Here is my first attempt at shooting Underwater Video. I have to admit that Cozumel was probably not the best place for my maiden voyage. Was not easy keeping the camera still while fighting a current.

Everything in this video was shot with no video lights.

Right Click and choose Save As to download

Or if you have broadband, you can attempt to stream the video here.

File is like 23 megs I think.
Shot with a Sony VX2100 in a Sea and Sea housing. Some macro work done with a Centry Optics +4 diopter.

Love to hear some feedback.

To me , Coz is the perfect place to shoot and I will be there this time next week...without any kind of camera due to unfortunate circumstances.

Did you shoot the spoted eagle ray near San Juan ?

I have very rarely see video cameras with lights there except on night dives.....even some of the local "pros" don't use them during the day.

Ron

Back
Top Bottom