Cozumel Underwater Video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Detonate

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Here is my first attempt at shooting Underwater Video. I have to admit that Cozumel was probably not the best place for my maiden voyage. Was not easy keeping the camera still while fighting a current.

Everything in this video was shot with no video lights.

Right Click and choose Save As to download

Or if you have broadband, you can attempt to stream the video here.

File is like 23 megs I think.
Shot with a Sony VX2100 in a Sea and Sea housing. Some macro work done with a Centry Optics +4 diopter.

Love to hear some feedback.

Detonate:
Here is my first attempt at shooting Underwater Video. I have to admit that Cozumel was probably not the best place for my maiden voyage. Was not easy keeping the camera still while fighting a current.

Everything in this video was shot with no video lights.

Right Click and choose Save As to download

Or if you have broadband, you can attempt to stream the video here.

File is like 23 megs I think.
Shot with a Sony VX2100 in a Sea and Sea housing. Some macro work done with a Centry Optics +4 diopter.

Love to hear some feedback.

Great color and clarity. I agree, Coz is a difficult place to do macro and/or keep steady.

Do you have your video saved in your editor ? If so, you might try playing around with the location of your clips in the timeline.

Great thing about editing is you can rearrange your clips into any order you like. You don't have to keep them in the order you filmed them.

For example, you could open the video with the shot of the diver entering the water.

Some nice video. You must be very pleased with your first attempt.

I am no expert so please feel free to ignore my suggestions but maybe you could just tighten up the editing a bit. IMHO, there are a few too many "drifting over the reef" scenes. Also, I'd cut out a couple of the "marine life running away from the camera" shots.

You ought to throw a credits section at the end, at least acknowledging your role and copyright ownership.

BTW, is there a copyright issue with the music?

Regards
Peter

....great video. My trip from 2 months ago was starting to fade---thanks for refreshing it for me! I especially enjoyed the cruise with the turtle and the reef scenes transported me back.

Beautiful, I wish my first attempt had been anywhere near that good, music fit well to. I thought the cruising over the reef shots were great seguays between shots.

Normally I would agree that the opening shot should have been the diver entering the water (that's what you're supposed to do). But I thought that Eagle Ray being shadowed by two Jacks as it fed reached out and grabbed me and made me want to pay close attention to the rest (always a challenge when sharing with your non-diving friends)

Well done, can't to see your next run.

Jeff

Thanks for the comments. I'm real new to video, so getting different perspectives really helps.

Jeff, I think you "got it". It was a toss up between the Eagle Ray or the Turtle cruising clip for the opening shot. The music starts slow, so I wanted something very fluid to start with. And I wanted something interesting enough that someone viewing the clip would be instantly engaged to watch the rest of the show.

The diver entering the water mid clip does feel out of place, but I thought it worked well with the music transition.

Again, thanks for the comments!

Great video!! It wasn't grainy at all and it was very clear and lighted (almost like I was right there underwater!). The whole time I watched it I kept thinking the fish and other sea creatures were going to swim right out of the screen. And the music you added was great! I had to search down that song on the internet and buy it immediately! Great job and I would love to see more!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom