Cozumel vs Puerto Galera in July

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Others have covered the diving side of this equation pretty well. Not much to add.

But there is another element that can be a put off to some people taken by surprise by their first trip to PG. Trying to put this delicately but not really sure how so.....the sex trade is abundant and very obvious there which can be a turnoff to some, or perhaps an enticement to others. I make no judgements. Just be aware as it is quite obvious.

Can you get that like a package? Hotel room, meals, drinks, 2 tank boat dives, add nitrox, add .... :jb:

Now THAT would be an all-inclusive. The one price would be nice so you don't get shocked by your :censored: bill, but you know in those AIs sometimes the quality of the food and maybe the :censored: suffers. Do you recommend the package or finding a boutique :cupid: 'op'?

:chuckle:

(Weird. Everytime I typed "alcoholic drink", it censored it. Odd....) :lol2:

Can you get that like a package? Hotel room, meals, drinks, 2 tank boat dives, add nitrox, add ....
You'd think Aldora could devote one of its boats to these sort of "specialty" divers. Those surface intervals get pretty long and boring, surely there must be some alternative to sitting on a beach? Lap dances for the bouncy boat rides could be a plus too.

I wonder if El Presidente gets that kind of service when he dives?

You'd think Aldora could devote one of its boats to these sort of "specialty" divers. Those surface intervals get pretty long and boring, surely there must be some alternative to sitting on a beach? Lap dances for the bouncy boat rides could be a plus too.

I wonder if El Presidente gets that kind of service when he dives?

Well of course you would go right to the op with the 'big tanks'.

Absolutely no question about it: If you have the time and $, you must dive The Philippines (aka "The PI"). I like Coz just fine. Did my DM there in '02, and heading back there in a week. But the Indo Pacific is a whole other ball game. The PI has some of the very best diving anywhere! Puerto has some great stuff, although the town of Sabang is a bit seedy. Fine, but just a little seedy. The beaches just south of Sabang are nice, and alot cleaner than Sabang (in more ways than one). Even better diving, IMO, is even closer to Manila, in and around Anilao. Apo Island and Apo Reef are excellent. Negros, Cebu and Bohol in central PI are all great, and offer lots of variety in a small area. And flights to Cebu are a breeze. Finally, Leyte is awesome and really off the beaten track. Gotta go if you can!

---------- Post added May 8th, 2012 at 06:42 PM ----------

oops. just saaysw "July". possibly the wort weather of the year there. But not always great in Coz either

---------- Post added May 8th, 2012 at 06:48 PM ----------

And as far as "unsafe" goes: Bollocks. Depends on who you dive with, just as in Coz. Hell, this board is full of posts about how unsafe Coz is, which is also: Bollocks.

PG over Cozumel...no contest, not even close. Although there are places in the Philippines I prefer over PG, as others have stated you'll be blown away with the biodiversity compared with the Caribbean.

as others have stated you'll be blown away with the biodiversity compared with the Caribbean.

Is this the above or below the water? If you mean above, that is a little scary.....

Wouldn't the amount of time you have for this vacation also be a very important factor? Getting to Cozumel is a snap--which makes it perfect for a week--or even less--of diving. As we've read here, getting to PG is entirely a different matter; it seems like you'd have to factor in a day or two on either end of the trip.

Back
Top Bottom