Cozumel vs Puerto Galera in July

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wouldn't the amount of time you have for this vacation also be a very important factor? Getting to Cozumel is a snap--which makes it perfect for a week--or even less--of diving. As we've read here, getting to PG is entirely a different matter; it seems like you'd have to factor in a day or two on either end of the trip.
this is why I've been thinking COZ instead of the PI this year, again.
COZ for 10 days = 20 dives
PI for 25 days = 10 dives
why the difference? Well travel time by air and land. No shore diving in PG.
And lastly family and extended family obligations.

Does o shore diving in PG mean PI? Some phenomenal shore diving in PI!

I have not been able to shore dive in Sabang, Small LaLaguna, and Big LaLaguna. Sabang is dangerous for shore diving anyway with all the boat traffic and I believe you need to be with a guide.
The only shore dive I've ever done there is the wreck Alma Jane. We descended and the DM could not find the wreck so we just made our way back to the shore and exited in front of the shop.
Maybe other areas of the PI there is, but not so much in PG.

Yeah, I would agree re shore diving in Sabang. Incredible shore diving in Anilao! Leyte and Alona Beach are good as well.

ocdiver1 is exactly right. The biodiversity in the PI is way better than coz. better vis in coz but if PI was as close to the us as coz I would go to the PI everytime. coral is healthy and amazingly plentyful and with that you have ton of things to look at. drift diving at coz is better but PI blows coz out of the water IMO.

---------- Post Merged at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:42 PM ----------

ocdiver1 is exactly right. The biodiversity in the PI is way better than coz. better vis in coz but if PI was as close to the us as coz I would go to the PI everytime. coral is healthy and amazingly plentyful and with that you have ton of things to look at. drift diving at coz is better but PI blows coz out of the water IMO.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom