Cozumel Weather?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Weather is still gray and gloomy. A bit less rain today, actually had a few hours break this afternoon. Great dive today at Yucab, current was decent and we stayed fairly shallow to get some light. Beautiful :) Still hoping for some sun...really want to show my son Coz, but it's hard from under a plastic poncho in the torrential rain.

I think our week here will be pretty much a rain out, but I'm SURE it will change on our last day, so all of you on your way, no worries! LOL

Looks like what you've been dealing with is the outskirts of Tropical Storm Arlene - the pictures show it's been in that area, but fortunately it's moving north and away from Cozumel. Sorry! :( But...good for those of us heading there now. :D

I was there last week. The rain came about 5am each morning and was gone by 8-9am. No big deal and at least while out on the boats it kept clouds in the sky and the sun off us. I was actually thankful.

Don't worry, I'm bringing the good weather with me when I arrive next week.

Besides closing the port due to winds, I've never understood why many divers dislike getting wet when they're not scuba diving. :) It's only water (most of the time).

Don't worry, I'm bringing the good weather with me when I arrive next week.

Besides closing the port due to winds, I've never understood why many divers dislike getting wet when they're not scuba diving. :) It's only water (most of the time).
I really prefer bright sunshiny days for diving because the colors of everything are much more prominent, especially on the shallow dives. And you're not in the water all the time, either. It rained for a solid week nonstop once while I was there. It was before I had started diving, but we fished in the rain, ate in the rain, slept in the rain, cabbed around in the rain, sat under the awnings and drank in the rain, went out to bars in the rain... it got really old. I didn't come home early, though, so it must have beat working! :D

The rain stopped yesterday, but it was still a bit gray. You're absolutely right Gordon, without the sun the reefs are a tad less stunning :( But hey it was warm, not raining, and I was diving. A GREAT day! :)
Currents are still crazy, but hopefully with the weather passing they'll calm down soon. They're really ripping in some places, calm where they are usually swift, going the opposite direction from normal, changing suddenly. It's just weird. Gotta love how the boat captains can take one look and tell if we need to call it and head somewhere else. They're amazing!
For all you Scuba Mau'ers out there, we played with Gaby Loco's waterdog Poncho yesterday! Very fun(ny) time :) Back with Monkey today. Really great group of people here.
I want another week!

I really prefer bright sunshiny days for diving because the colors of everything are much more prominent, especially on the shallow dives. And you're not in the water all the time, either. It rained for a solid week nonstop once while I was there. It was before I had started diving, but we fished in the rain, ate in the rain, slept in the rain, cabbed around in the rain, sat under the awnings and drank in the rain, went out to bars in the rain... it got really old. I didn't come home early, though, so it must have beat working! :D

This. I have no problem with getting wet on the boat, but when it is bright and sunny out, the water looks more clear/blue-er and the reefs and fish's colors pop more and are brighter. This is the reason why I don't like rain while I'm diving.

I just consulted the SCC webcam; it looks like that tropical weather system has finally moved out.

Back
Top Bottom