Crappy Dive Boat on Maui Hawaii

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, I question the accuracy of everything printed in CDNN. Most people do. I am sure there may periodically be fact mixed in somewhere but that cannot be counted on. It seems as though you want to believe them to be a true and noble source for honest and true information. Go for it. Don't be surprised if you hear about Elvis giving birth to his own head while diving the Oriskany on a rebreather filled with ethanol.

Are you suggesting the CDNN article is fiction and eight divers did not get swept away from Molokini only to be rescued after a six hour search?

Does it make a difference if I come up with a different news worthy source besides CDNN? I could quote the same article from underwatertimes.com.

If the owners of Maui Diamond II were smart they'd change the name of the boat. Why carry years of baggage from the previous management.

Are you suggesting the CDNN article is fiction and eight divers did not get swept away from Molokini only to be rescued after a six hour search?

Does it make a difference if I come up with a different news worthy source besides CDNN? I could quote the same article from underwatertimes.com.

If the owners of Maui Diamond II were smart they'd change the name of the boat. Why carry years of baggage from the previous management.

Complete fiction? Maybe not this time? Truly accurate? Probably never. Would other more reputable sources help sway the majority (not that you are necessarily trying to sway anybody :wink:).....definitely. Too many people have seen the swill that gets passed by CDNN as news......I actually believe that CDNN was blocked here at SB for a while......so another more reputable source would carry more weight for sure.

Bottom line is, my suggestion that you not base life decisions on anything published is, believe it or not, for what I believe to be your own best interests. In the end, your life is your life.

As for them changing names......not necessarily a bad idea but a bad reputation has a tendancy to survive such changes easily.

As for them changing names......not necessarily a bad idea but a bad reputation has a tendancy to survive such changes easily.

Not to mention the risk of extreme bad luck (aka displeasing Poseidon) if not done completely properly:
Renaming Your Boat - BoatSafe.com

Basically... you don't rename a boat unless you absolutely have to. Like... you've named it after your wife and you're now getting a divorce.

wow you guys are doing just fine without my help....think ill just watch from over here in the back....on second thought i better stay up here so as not to offend any groups.

....so as not to offend any groups.

Oh come on now....if you aren't living life on the edge you are taking up to much space :rofl3:. Just kidding. Pass the popcorn when you are done with it.

I will be in maui on thursday the 11th thru the 19th. I can go "undercover" and investigate the dive boat in question. Everyone that would like me to do this can send me a P.M. and i will take a donation of a mere $20 per person to cover my investigation. Lets get to the bottom of this!

Hecker: Thank you for offering to "take one for the team". The spirit of sacrafice you are showing here should be an inspiration to us all. I am afraid I am not inspired enough to pay for your trip. Sorry.

I do appreciate your attempt to lighten the mood here. So many of the threads of late have been so negative. Maybe it is just the time of the year and too many of us are suffering from NCS (non-compression sickness) from the crappy diving conditions many of of have during the winter.

Hecker, sorry buddy I beat you to it it.

Just got off the Maui Diamond II a couple of hours ago. Logged two more great dives with lots of pictures. Breaching whales singing nearby made it even more fun. If the pictures of a tiny little Leaf Scorpion came out it will make my day.

The dives, food and company were terrific.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom