Crappy Dive Boat on Maui Hawaii

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh well, I like Ed Robinsons myself. I think maybe I will pretend to be a vacationing tow company owner and "investigate" their excellent service. Good to hear the whales are hanging out waiting for me again. It's been a long winter and I need to dive somewhere I don't have to chainsaw a hole in the ice to get wet. Enough about me, I think a dive trip is what you make of it. If you are so pissed after a dive that you need to vent on here, so be it. But be prepared to take some critisizm and answer some questions honestly. I know some people (not mentioning names) that get so worked up before a dive ANYTHING that happens on a trip is hyper-intesified. Maybe you got poor service on the dive, was it really bad enough to justify 9 pages of complaining?

I do appreciate your attempt to lighten the mood here. So many of the threads of late have been so negative. Maybe it is just the time of the year and too many of us are suffering from NCS (non-compression sickness) from the crappy diving conditions many of of have during the winter.

or it could be an epidemic of acute depth deprivation disorder/illness, the disorder will pass with time in a small dark room thats very quiet. other treatments include watching many episodes of sharks week, or watching Jacques Cousteau specials.but as with the much worse illness the only sure fire cure is depth.a good wreck dive will normally do the trick. but some shallow dives will work but youll need sevral days worth....good luck and yall feel better..
get well soon.

Did anybody notice that the OP disappeared after the captain of the boat showed up (with no evidence of any attempt at contact)?

Interesting though, I'm going through cert now, will be in Maui mid-May - sounds like Maui Dreams might be a good choice.

Any chance there will still be whales? Also, do they do beginners and snorkelers together? (My wife won't do scuba, but snorkeling is OK.)

Enquiring minds want to know... what happened next? Did they swap emails, was any satisfaction gained or is it going to be handbags at dawn (read pistols) and have they chosen their seconds, and is Elvis still alive? Oh the anticipation!!!

schlabotnik, I think you're asking if snorklers and certification dives are done during the same boat trip... My observation was yes, although you'll be in the same ocean their won't be any interaction during the dive certification process, so not together interacting while in the water.

Whales in May? Maybe early May, but I thought they were on their way out by then.

triciamint... I heard that Elvis is still alive :~)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom