Creating maps for Mares Icon HD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jakobon

Registered
Reaction score
Hi

I would like to add some UV maps to my Icon HD and need to know a few details about this cool feature. I guess the optimal resolution of each graphic file is 320x240 pixels @ 18 bit colours ?

- Which image formats does Icon HD support (JPG, BMP, GIF. etc.) ?

- How much memory does the Icon HD have builtin ?

- Is this memory shared among other features like logbook, pictures, other ... and does is have effects on the logbook capability of filling alot of maps/pictures into the unit ?

- Is it possible to add more memory to the unit ? (If yes, how ?)

- How do I specify the title of the dive site (which image file property is used), so that the map is shown on the unit with a correctly formatted description ?

- Is it possible to add other information (like dive site comments) to the map file and will the Icon HD be able to read ad display this ?

- Is there an recommended size limit of each map/picture ?

- Do Mares have plans for releasing maps from mediterranean and northern european dive sites ?

:)

Regards,

Jakob

See my comments in blue.

Hope this helps.

Best,

Hi

I would like to add some UV maps to my Icon HD and need to know a few details about this cool feature. I guess the optimal resolution of each graphic file is 320x240 pixels @ 18 bit colours ?

- Which image formats does Icon HD support (JPG, BMP, GIF. etc.) ? JPG

- How much memory does the Icon HD have builtin ? 4gig pics, 4 gig maps

- Is this memory shared among other features like logbook, pictures, other ... and does is have effects on the logbook capability of filling alot of maps/pictures into the unit ? They are separate

- Is it possible to add more memory to the unit ? (If yes, how ?) not at this juncture

- How do I specify the title of the dive site (which image file property is used), so that the map is shown on the unit with a correctly formatted description ? prior to transfering file save as jpg give it the desired name, and it will transfer over to the Icon
- Is it possible to add other information (like dive site comments) to the map file and will the Icon HD be able to read ad display this ? would have to be saved as a separate file

- Is there an recommended size limit of each map/picture ? no

- Do Mares have plans for releasing maps from mediterranean and northern european dive sites ? we have partnered with www.arttomedia.com who is creating new maps all the time. Frequently check our website for new free map updates. Alternatively they can be purchased through Art to Media for a nominal fee.

:)

Regards,

Jakob

Hi Zak

Thanks very much for the response, I'll give it a try :)

Regards,
Jakob

While creating new dive sites and dive maps in Dive Organizer I reached the MaxLength of the Description column (only about 100 characters !).
So I wanted to create a ticket on software.mares.com regarding this issue, but the Dive Organizer does not seem to be supported on the website .... How do I submit a ticket regarding a issue with the Dive Organizer ?

I thought that the issue might be solved in a newer firmware and thus wanted to upgrade the unit to a newer firmware (my unit have FW 0.10.11). But to upgrade I need to have a .enc file on my harddisk. But where can I find and download new firmwares for the Icon HD ?

Regards,
Jakob

I thought that the issue might be solved in a newer firmware and thus wanted to upgrade the unit to a newer firmware (my unit have FW 0.10.11). But to upgrade I need to have a .enc file on my harddisk. But where can I find and download new firmwares for the Icon HD ?

Hope you're talking about the Net Ready Icon and not the HD. Mares abandoned the HD as soon as the Net Ready was released. As far as Dive Organizer there are many problems - in the gas tab entered numbers are changed once saved, some descent rates are off by a factor of 10X (590 instead of 59), etc. etc. etc. I've pointed out these problems to Mares but it apparently it doesn't concern them any more than the fact that some of the HD functions are just plain wrong - dive planner when using nitrox, who knows what else. Some customer support.

Back
Top Bottom