Creative ways to get non-diving spouse to let you get out and Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hmm, I guess you don't have to worry about the cold water in florida...that'll take some of the glory out of the exit. lol! you can do what I do, send her out to sea for months and change majors to Marine Biology. "I need to do some preliminary research honey, there is an exam on crustacean predator evasion techniques next week, with luck they won't be good and I'll bring home dinner." Actually, mine is very supportive of my diving...hopefully she'll be doing it soon.. : D

Fish_Whisperer:
Just tell her, "I am the man and you are the woman, and you must listen to me. I'm going diving now, woman!"

Fish_Whisperer assumes no liability, real or implied!

With that method you won't have to worry about having a spouse for too much longer. Then you can go whenever you want to.

1. Julie P says "don't be a pussy"
2. Buy her a diamond- well my wife won't even turn her head at a carrot, going to have to be something bigger.
3.You can try the tough guy, caveman route, and just put her in her place-yea this one is going to work-maybe once.
4. Just divorce her and then do what you want-certainly will work, and of course you loose half of your assets, but dating is even more expensive now -isn't it?
5. Get your spouse to start diving-better idea, marry someone that already dives
6. Give her a credit card- well that would depend on the limit on the card, could make for a very expensive dive
7.Find her a rich boyfriend- or a girlfriend-either way it won't be long before you're looking for a new buddy
8. Buy a boat-then you won't have any money to spend on diving 'cause a boat is a money vacuum.

It looks like getting her into diving will be the cheapest, and you don't have to find a buddy to go diving with,

JulieParkhurst:
When I'm not diving I still love to go with Kevin and hang with the other non divers (usually women) We'll lay out in our bikinis and tan, or drink at a local bar...

Good Luck

When you're not diving, you might hang out and drink?! NOW I find out what happens onshore when I'm underwater. I may quit diving and hang out with your type! Telling stories with friends while sitting on a beach with a cocktail in my hand... THAT'LL get my attention!

My gf is a diver but isn't as addicted to it as me. Mostly because she hates any water that requires a wetsuit. I got her involved in my other hobbies such as backpacking, hiking and other outdoors stuff she definitely likes diving more.Now she has started a hobby that is probably more expensive than diving...bead working making necklaces and bracelets. We are goin to a local quarry to dive on anniversary.
I think that i've finally gotten her back into wanting to dive.

Her father really likes me but unfortunately has mixed feelings about some stuff. Before we had dated about 6 months she hated guns wouldn't even be around me when i was in the hunting section of a store. Her father got me into competitive shooting. I drug her along to the range with us and we taught her to shoot. When i bought a new gun I took her to the range with some "cute" targets and she's now wanting her own gun to go with us to the shoots.

Find something fun and women will tag along. Tell her she ought to decorate your bedroom with seashells (the latest thing according to what my gf has pointed out) and that when diving you find the best shells. Take her with you to a place like gulf of fl port charlotte area and bring back some great shells. That works very well.

7.Find her a rich boyfriend- or a girlfriend-either way it won't be long before you're looking for a new buddy
8. Buy a boat-then you won't have any money to spend on diving 'cause a boat is a money vacuum....

I think Michael's on the right track. I would just add #9...

9. After the next dive swing by the jewelry store, buy her a nice Citizen or other watch, REMOVE AND THROW AWAY THE BOX (important step here...) then tell her how you wrestled it out from underneath the sea. It's more portable than a clam, less smelly than any general critter AND... you can make the a story last a long time (a sort of renewable dive coupon).

Dane

Why not just buy a nice dive computer and kill two birds with one lie? :wink:

My personal favorite method - which I have used myself - is to just get a new spouse! :wink:

alternatively you could up diving and spend time with your wife and her hobbies.

Back
Top Bottom