crescent bay and shaws cove

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks, both maps help. I like the idea of having landmarks. We hesitated going to far out on the first dive due to not really having a solid orientstion and concern over rocks at the surface along the way. All this help is much apreciated its very helpful knowing when an where to drop and having approximations.

I don't know who drew the map, but it will get you onto the reef, whereas photo will not. The map gives you a better orientation of where you are when diving the reef in the same way a subway map is better than an actual diagram of the subway lines. The 90 foot depth is way off. If you hit 50 feet over sand, you've probably missed the reef to the left and need to make a sharp right turn.

The last time we dived it, we went right off the description on the map, blue roof between rocks, 30 deg to the stairs, then dropped to 45', yeah!!! Once at the bottom and everybody gave the ok, our chosen lead for the dive looked at his Capt. Jack Sparrow compass and headed us straight towards the blue roofed house. Yes, away from the reef we just swam out to. Once we got back he says, "I think I went the wrong way after we dropped." Uh, no shiot! His land navigation skills are just as good. Good to know about the max depth of this reef, we have not gone that far for one reason or the above.

You guys are making getting to Deadmans way too complicated.

Just scooter straight out underwater, when you get to about 45', turn right. You'll hit the reef a few minutes later. :p

You guys are making getting to Deadmans way too complicated.

Just scooter straight out underwater, when you get to about 45', turn right. You'll hit the reef a few minutes later. :p

Ditch the scooter and make some more of those amazing HD videos :wink:

.f....here is the actual!
Thank you for posting our map.
We created it with actual bathimetry data we collected few years ago as part of our eDiving project.

..... or sites with more info on these spots? ....
Deadman reef is available in our eDiving scuba diving simulator and you can virtually dive it from your PC.

Alberto (aka eDiver)

---------- Post added April 24th, 2013 at 10:01 PM ----------

Has anyone been over 65' at Deadmans ?
With a very very high tide ... and a shovel :D

Back
Top Bottom