Crotch Strap, trainable equipment?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rly? She needs a Crotch Strap specialty course? .

Croch strap specialty card?
takemymoney.jpg

Hapilly posting from my premium armchair:

Would you really (in most cases) recommend a pool session for every minor gear modification? How often do you suppose people take out rental gear and splash without a pool session? Sure I know it optimal, but really... adding a crotch strap is not that big of a deal. If a student is going to be thrown off their ‘groove’ by this.. I suspect much bigger issues.

1st it's not a full blown pool session but a splash to make sure they're comfortable. This is an OW student so yes the simplest things can throw them off their game.

My "job" is to make sure they're comfortable and not "fretting" about something "new" it's amazing what can cause people mind blocks.

Someone perhaps had a leaking mask which has been an annoyance on a dive. give them another mask and push them into the pool so they can prove to themselves that the mask is okay. Not "fret about it during the boat ride to the site.

At teh end of the day it's only a bit extra of my time - it costs me nor them anything so why not?

If it's been 6 months since class started, the wise thing would be to spend a little time in the pool anyway. Loosing 45 pounds could change a few other things that would be best caught in a pool, like weighting perhaps? and add in the 30 seconds to 3 minutes of "this is a crotch strap and how to use it".

A semi-proficient diver who has not been in the water in water for 6 months will take a few moments to re-acclimate to being a diver. A student who is learning, those skills were never fully developed to start with. A quick pool session really is the wise place to start this student over again. Run through the skills again real quick before hitting the open water.

Crotch strap useful also useful skill for cruise ship life vest drills, snorkel vests, and in the unexpected event of a water landing on the way to Hawaii.

My first wing was an OMS. Dove it for years until I plumb wore it out.

they are fairly new in these parts lds brought this one in for me ,most peeps dive halcyon up here
There were no "H"s back then. :D :D :D

Back
Top Bottom