Crowsnest Pub destroyed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stoo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
I hate to be the bearer of sad news, but travelers to Tobermory should know that the Crowsnest Pub was destroyed by fire last night.

Long the preferred watering hole for divers and boaters in Tobermory, the pub recently changed owners and had undergone some recent renovations. It is my understanding that no one was injured thankfully.

The Crowsnest is a short, and frequent, stumble from my house, and its draught beer is known to have magical powers when it comes to reducing residual nitrogen. (It must have!) It is also home to the world-famous Harbour Rats, who sound better as the night progresses for some reason.

Hopefully, given the time of year the owners will have time to rebuild before spring.

These pictures were taken by Jack Salen

Attachments

• Crowsnest_fire_1.jpg
    Crowsnest_fire_1.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 205
  • Crowsnest_fire_2.jpg
    Crowsnest_fire_2.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 169
New owners with a real big insurance policy? Hmm... :D

They were upstairs in their apartment I understand.... It was pretty cold last night. Space heater comes to mind...

Well if it was I hope they can pull it off but if not I hope they had insurance first place so they can rebuild this bar. I understand they put a lot of work and money into this place.

Glad nobody was hurt. I've written up lots of log entries at the deck overlooking the harbour. Hope they rebuild soon.

*edit* the last time I was up there was mid-October, hard to think it's charred rubble.

sorry to hear the news!!!!!
we were planning a trip back over there next summer and the "high" point was the crows nest!
hopefully it will be rebuilt by then
had some great times there!!!!
yaeg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom