Cruise Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

coevan

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi Fellow Divers,

I am new to the board, but not new to diving. I am going on a cruise in Jan and will be visiting Cozumel, Grand Cayman and Belize. I would prefer to dive without the "shore excursion" experience. I am from Grand Junction, Co and love, diving, sailing, skiing, golf and fly fishing. A hat trick day in Colorado is early morning spring skiing till noon, a few hours on the river, and 9 holes to wrap up the day. I am happy to be a part of your group.:wink:

Welcome to :sblogo:
:wave-smil :wave-smil
:chicken:

Howdy and welcome to SB!

If you haven't yet, click Forums above and start going thru the list - looking for those of interest to you, especially your local dive club. Always good to try a Search before starting a new thread, tho :search: and be careful about posting Replies without reading the Stickies for each forum. Click the link in my Sig below to PM me if I can help you around here..

:cowboy: don

Welcome to the board! Go to the top of the page and click on "Forums" this is directory of this board and from there, scroll down to Regional diving, Mexico, Cozumel. This is a very active forum with people on the island right now, discussing their favorites. There is a search button that will let you read messages from other cruise ship divers. They discuss dive shops, scheduling and what to expect. When you have read a number of posts, call and reserve your place on a dive boat. . . this is the high season for diving and if your first choice is booked, they might be able to find an acceptable shop to place your reservation.

coevan:
Hi Fellow Divers,

I am new to the board, but not new to diving. I am going on a cruise in Jan and will be visiting Cozumel, Grand Cayman and Belize. I would prefer to dive without the "shore excursion" experience. I am from Grand Junction, Co and love, diving, sailing, skiing, golf and fly fishing. A hat trick day in Colorado is early morning spring skiing till noon, a few hours on the river, and 9 holes to wrap up the day. I am happy to be a part of your group.:wink:

Most of the trick is timing. In Belieze the ride to the dive site is long enough that you'll have a real problem making it off the ship, to the site and back before the ship leaves.

That said, if it's Carnival and they're stil using Hugh Parkey, they do an excellent job. It's a big boat and a lot of people, but they also send a ton of DMs and most of the groups only have 4 - 6 divers.

On Cozumel, Blue XT-Sea diving does a great job working with the ship schedules, and I had some of the best dives of my life there.

The boats are small, which means the groups are small, which means the fish won't all be scared away.

Have fun!

Terry

PS. Bring your own gear if you can. you'll be much happier with all your own stuff.

I am going on a Cruise with the same itinerary and have the same concern with "shore Excusions".
It sounds like the Belize stop might require shore excursion thru ship because of distance to the better sites.
Check on www.cruisecritic.com also there are many "experienced" cruise divers on that site.

Welcome to the :sblogo:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom