cruises

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My wife & I just went on a Carnival Cruise to Key West & Cozumel. We went diving at both places, and brought all of our gear, except for tanks. The bathroom was large enough to hang all the gear up to dry and not be in the way. It was a major pain lugging our bags through the ship & docks, so I'd definately recommend getting bags with wheels.

They let me on board with my blunt-tip dive knife in Miami, but then they confiscated it when I re-boarded in Key West. Then I was branded as a high-risk passenger, and any time I swiped my card to get on or off the ship, the alarm sounded and a loud recorded voice said "he has a knife!". They would return the knife to me any time I left the ship and asked for it, but they would take it again when I re-boarded. Then they gave us all sharp steak knives at dinner.

They don't tell you the shore excursion prices until after you're on board and it's too late to book it yourself, and if you wait and book your dives through the ships shore excursion desk, they will DOUBLE the price of the dive trip. Walk in off the street = $45/person (2-tank dive). Carnival shore excursion = $90/person (same 2-tank dive) - But they will pick you up at the dock, and guarantee to get you back before the ship leaves. Definately book your own dive trip in advance if the ship is going to stay in that port long enough that you won't risk missing the boat.

We had a good time on both dives. We used Reef Raiders in Key West, and Sand Dollar Sports in Cozumel. I'd recommend either of them if you're going to those places.

Back
Top Bottom