CSSP or Athens this weekend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

libra89

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi All,

I'm thinking of heading to Athens or CSSP for some dives this weekend, but I'm buddy-less. Anyone planning on being at either site that doesn't mind an extra diver? I'm relatively new, but pretty confident and gaining skills with each dive :D

Tina

Tina, I would choose CSSP over Athens any day! Much nicer and looks more like a small 28 acre lake, aka 'the pond', then does the 20ffw deep Athens park. Always someone to hook up with at CSSP, ask around the main entrance. Hope to be out there tomm. myself.....dark gray Ford Focus, need to breath down a set of doubles.

Alan, that seems to be the general concensus. I ended up at Athens because they had a wreck class I wanted to do last weekend, and I had a good time. That park would be my choice if I were going alone because it's devoid of life (nothing to bite, tangle me up, etc) and shallow enough that I can see doing some basic skills practice alone without too much risk.

So sounds like at least a couple people might be at CSSP from the board tomorrow. I can't make it until probably around lunch time, but I think I'll head over. It's a little more than an hour drive, so if I don't find someone to dive with, I haven't invested a ton of commute time :)

I have a silver Toyota Matrix. I'll keep my eyes out for a car matching your description, but isn't more likely we'd be bumping into each other not near our cars? :wink:

Alan, that seems to be the general concensus. I ended up at Athens because they had a wreck class I wanted to do last weekend, and I had a good time. That park would be my choice if I were going alone because it's devoid of life (nothing to bite, tangle me up, etc) and shallow enough that I can see doing some basic skills practice alone without too much risk.

So sounds like at least a couple people might be at CSSP from the board tomorrow. I can't make it until probably around lunch time, but I think I'll head over. It's a little more than an hour drive, so if I don't find someone to dive with, I haven't invested a ton of commute time :)

I have a silver Toyota Matrix. I'll keep my eyes out for a car matching your description, but isn't more likely we'd be bumping into each other not near our cars? :wink:

Tina, did you take your class through the park...? Most recreational wreck classes last 2 days, as they are set-up that way.

Ya look me up tomm.. CSSP is as safe a scuba park as the diver makes it! Glad your day was fun, that's the whole idea! :)

Hi Alan,

Yes I took the wreck class at Athens. I think it was good for that. It silted up in a hurry which in my mind made for good experience. Nothing like running a reel and following it back when you can't see - which is exactly the purpose of the line!

I did end up at CSSP for Saturday and Sunday this past weekend. I met another board member there in the afternoon Saturday and we had a good time doing some casual afternoon and then night dives. The next day I buddied up with a couple that is at the park a lot and got in some good skills practice. It was fun to play. Thermocline sure was chilly though!

Hi Alan,

Yes I took the wreck class at Athens. I think it was good for that. It silted up in a hurry which in my mind made for good experience. Nothing like running a reel and following it back when you can't see - which is exactly the purpose of the line!

I did end up at CSSP for Saturday and Sunday this past weekend. I met another board member there in the afternoon Saturday and we had a good time doing some casual afternoon and then night dives. The next day I buddied up with a couple that is at the park a lot and got in some good skills practice. It was fun to play. Thermocline sure was chilly though!

I was there Sunday.....sorry we missed each other, I was parked offer on the side were most folk camp and they allow RV's.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom