Cuba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, go ahead and travel to the place that brought us closer to global nuclear war than any other two bit dictatorship on the planet, no big deal? I remember being lined up with my classroom in the hallway at school saying the rosary with our heads between our legs kissing our ass good bye every morning at 10:30 A.M. for weeks because of these wonderful jackasses. I wouldn't spend a dime in this dump if I lived to be a thousand, but go ahead, pretend they're just harmless and time heals all wounds you idiots. Pull your head out of your ass.

..snip..
When you go to Cuba they DON'T stamp your passport, instead they give you a gold stamp when you arrive to show to customs when you leave. They let you keep the stamp. we still have our's.
When we went there was about 10 or 15 Americans on our plane.

In fact when presented with a non-US passport they normally ask you if you want a stamp in your passport or not.

Some travellers actually like to fill their passport with stamps from different countries.

Wow! I got a head ache reading this listing. I guess i could fit under the last paragraph as my diving is a "religion". Guess now i need a 501 (C)(3) organization. what would i call it? Church of the Holy _______ (not sure). any ideas?

I'm not from US, but when I was in Cuba, I saw very few americans, Varadero is a nice place, but not that great for diving; Barracuda is the main (guess is the only) operator in that place, some days they do dives in the caribean part of the island, and other in the atlantic side; the guides are ok but I really recommend you to bring your own equipment.

They don't stamp your passport, they only put a small sticker in your plane ticket (by the way there is a fee for leaving the country).

Is a very different place on the surface, I really enjoy it, just be cautions, leave your values on the safe, also american credit cards are not accepted (i.e American express) so bring plenty cash.

Be aware that there's two kind of currencies, Cubanos cambiables (tourist currency) and Peso Cubano (locals currency, useless for tourists)

If you had the time take one or two days to go to Havana, is really different place from any other part of the world, as if the time has stood still.

Enjoy and don't forget to drink some mojitos!:D

just pretty much don't go to cuba. it's a terrorist country, you can't do anything without telling the government. you can't just go and 'tour the country,' or 'see the scenery,' as you would in literally ANY other country.

don't go to cuba.

ROFL:rofl3:

Back
Top Bottom