Cuban Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

delstar

New
Reaction score
Hello there,

This is my first post so hello to you all out there!

I have been diving for nearly 10 years and so far.. I have dived in Ireland, Egypt, Austraila and The Phillippines.

I am heading to Cuba in a week and was wondering if anyone of ye out there has dived Cuba?

If so I would love to hear what sites/ resorts etc are good and equally which ones to stay away from!

Thanks!

delstar:
Hello there,

I have been diving for nearly 10 years and so far.. I have dived in Ireland, Egypt, Austraila and The Phillippines.

I am heading to Cuba in a week and was wondering if anyone of ye out there has dived Cuba?

If so I would love to hear what sites/ resorts etc are good and equally which ones to stay away from!

Thanks!

Delstar,

Welcome to SB. You will find this board has a wealth of information. If you do a search on "Cuba" you will find a great deal of info on Cuba. There is a recent trip report from Wetman that you might find interesting.

Good luck and happy diving on your trip.

Dive Smart; Dive Safe
Enjoy the ride
:cool1:

Howdy!

Welcome to SB!!
:happywave Put us in your computer's favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue:

don

BTW - it would really help if you'd fill out your Profile - so we can respect your training and experiences, or be courteous if you're a newbie?!

:D

The south shore of Cuba is the northern portion of the Cayman trench. Great walls, healthy coral. The southwest is the best diving.

Take a couple of new pairs of jeans for barter!

Hi.
I dove last week at "la isla de la juventud", and i like the place very much. I think there is only one dive operator there at the colony hotel. My favorite innmersion there was the "blue cave", (deep dive 145 ft).
viz was great, and all the reef is beautifull and lots of life everywhere. Food, and hotel services are not the best. We went to the town near the hotel, and there was a carnaval party on the streets, we had good time there.
Its a good idea to buy souvenirs in the dutty free shop on the airport, i found that some things (havana rum & cubita coffee) are cheaper there.

Good luck.

delstar:
Hello there,

Thanks!

Look where I live....I can answer questions about Water Temps, Coral and Pelagic fish. What to wear..I'm in the good part of Cuba that cannot be reached by divers, but I can give You an understanding of the water environment. Be sure to wear a FULL WET SUIT as I have posted to others coming to Cuba this time of Year..It's Hydroid Season..If You choose to hit the water without a suit..It will be Your last comfortable Dive and Your last Comfortable day in Cuba. People are coming out of the water looking like they rolled around in Poison Ivy for a day without protection..It's not pretty. Any other particular questions about the Dive Environment..Give Me a shout..I have been Diving CUBA for 18 Months..500 + dives..I know a little :azvatar:

It is part of the Greater Caribbean.

As such, I have taken the liberty of moving this inquiry to that forum.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

DocVikingo:
It is part of the Greater Caribbean.

As such, I have taken the liberty of moving this inquiry to that forum.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

Hey Doc,

You have to Move Cuba to a special Place all of it's own...
"The PEARL OF THE ANTILLES"
But Your so right, We are in the Caribbean..The 81 degree temperature water at 130 ft. gives it away..Regards

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom