Curacao Beer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Polar Minis are perfect! I am sipper and the beer doesn't have a chance to get warm. Can't wait to get back.. Maybe September now.

I don't (can't) drink alcohol, but the way-south-of-the-border hotties Polar uses on their posters and calendars get my attention enough as a non-drinker - so if I could drink beer on Curacao I'm confident I'd wind up purchasing Polar.

amstel has a few brands - all brewed with desalinated water. unique brewing and beer experience.

Just got back yesterday from Curacao. I drank some Amstel, Balashi (from Aruba), and Polar. The Balashi is my favorite, followed by Polar and Amstel, but the Balashi is a little tougher to find on the island. I was chatting it up with the locals and they were telling us that most locals prefer Polar now that they aren't brewing Amstel on the island, sort of a protest for Amstel pulling out. All three are great choices for that post-dive thirst quench and you have to love the tiny bottles and cans.

Hmmm, I just realized that I didn't post this on the ABC Islands forum as I meant to. Perhaps someone will move it for me.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Moved by OP request.

BTW Amstel is the way to go on the islands.:D

O and IMO don't get the can's they taste like.........well Can's.
Just get a case(24) botlles.:D

Agree that Amstel was the best offering in Curacao.

Herman...Take me with you!!!!!

Wish I could but this was a last minute trip to help out DeuptyDan. His buddy had to bail at the last minute and he need a buddy to go with him. A free trip to Bonaire, beach frount resort and Amstel....what I do to help a buddy out....as I set at the kitchen table looking at Klien Bonaire. :) Life is tough!! :)

As I feared, pretty much a light-colored beer kind of place. That's okay. Balashi, Polar, Amstel, Amstel Bright...since there is no firm consensus, I will conduct a scientific study of the situation when I am down there. I wonder if I can get government funding?

Thanks for the input. This is one of those great things where everyone is right!

I'm sure there is something in the stimlus budget that covers this....Oh and Herman.....I hate you...LOL

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom