Curacao June 20 - July 4 - anyone else?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Andreas Curacao, sorry I missed you in April. Just curious are you going to change your name to Andreas Curacao-Hamburg or Andreas Hamburg-Curacao? You know how we like to hyphenate names over here...

If there's an issue we can spend our first week on Curacao at Sun Reef Village and our second week at All West as long as Andreas and Wim are OK with us switching dates.

Andreas:

I guess now I'll have to keep the music down and tell the kids to behave.

Hi John,

I guess that will be a big change for the kids :) Now you got WarmWaterDiver a little worried... Hey, I am sure you are going to spend a fabulous time being neighbors at All West for a couple of days!!! Have fun, guys; I wish I could be there.

Greetings from Germany
Andreas

Andreas Curacao, sorry I missed you in April. Just curious are you going to change your name to Andreas Curacao-Hamburg or Andreas Hamburg-Curacao? You know how we like to hyphenate names over here...

Hi Seanpaul (or should it be Sean-Paul :)?),

As a big part of my heart and soul is still on Curacao, I won't change my name at all for the time being :D

I hope you had a good time there in April!

Greetings from Hamburg
Andreas CURACAO

WWD:

I was joking about the loud music and kids misbehaving. Well, mostly joking about the kids.

John - everyone's money spends the same, y'all shouldn't have to do anything different just because we'd be your neighbors, and vice-versa. We're not coming to Curacao to put a crimp in anyone else's vacation plans, and I doubt if anyone's coming to Curacao to put a crimp in our vacation plans. It's the first time that I know of such a question has even been raised due to having us as neighbors. If we can swap which week we'll be at which accomodation, it's a non-issue. We have some celebration plans of our own for this trip.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ma...other-adventures-dcs-pfo-migraine-aura-4.html

Hi Seanpaul (or should it be Sean-Paul :)?),

As a big part of my heart and soul is still on Curacao, I won't change my name at all for the time being :D

I hope you had a good time there in April!

Greetings from Hamburg
Andreas CURACAO

Hello! I had a marvelous time in April! Sean Paul - my Jamaican reggae/hip hop buddy :wink:

WWD: I am sure you can change your arrangements as you described, and you should do whatever will provide you with the best trip, but I was joking about the loud music and badly behaved kids.

Good luck with the FRL.
Been here two years and I've seen one in the wild [not in a spot worth trying to photograph].
I think the Aquarium has five now. They tend to hang out in deeper sites but they are said to be almost always hiding in small crevices.
We would of course expect a call if you do find one. If it can be photographed I'll buy the pizza.:eat:

Last edited:
Any hints where you saw the FRL would be appreciated - we'll try to get a photo.

Your observation that the FRL's are typically found in deeper spots exactly parallels our experience with the Red Reef Lobsters. Being red, they have a camoflauge advantage at depths where the upper end of the visible light spectrum (like red) is filtered out - they'll appear black instead until hit with artifical light at such depths. You have to really take your time and go slow to find such critters - this is why I don't understand folks who post there's nothing different to see below 20 meters depth on Curacao than above 20 meters water depth, or even 10 meters.

You won't even have to spring for a pizza for a copy of the photo if we get a shot from your location tip!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom