Curacao on Saturday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver Lori

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
A couple last minute questions.....

ATM at the airport?

Is it helpful to get gilders? or really not necessary?

TIA!

They like dollars better. Forget the gilders. Every place publishes prices in both currencies. Bring cash. ATM bank charges for money is OUTRAGEOUS. Same with CC transactions

They like dollars better. Forget the gilders. Every place publishes prices in both currencies. Bring cash. ATM bank charges for money is OUTRAGEOUS. Same with CC transactions

Yup, 99% of the places take dollars, though just like every place, you'll get change in gilders. If you do have to hit the ATM, just take out as much as you can (or think you'll need) so you don't get hit with repeated charges.

Also, if you have a capital one card they don't charge foreign transaction fees... least last time I checked, and I hope that's still the case for our trip down there in a couple of months. :D

Negative. Visa and MC charge 3% for foreign tranactiosn

Actually looks like Cap one doesn't add on the usual bank fee.. which just leaves the MC / visa fee of 1%. Though I'm still not sure if Cap One eats that one for truly a 0% or not... spose the easiest thing to do is just give em a call. :wink:

I know discover is truly 0% and it is excepted at some places down there.

..Also, if you have a capital one card they don't charge foreign transaction fees... least last time I checked, and I hope that's still the case for our trip down there in a couple of months. :D
Just got back from Curacao and can confirm that Capital One still does not charge foreign transaction fee. For that reason, it is my travel card of choice.

So....is there an ATM at the airport?

As to the cc issue, I don't run a balance....pay off every month, so my card of choice is one that benefits me on a daily basis (LLBean Visa). I'm one of those debt-free people. I'll be bringing a small balance on an ATM to get some walking around cash to go with my traveler's checks. I do carry a couple cc for emergency health care while traveling. Knock on wood, only used for emergency once for a broken ankle in British Columbia.

Back
Top Bottom