Curacao Trip Report 7/30-8/9 Very Long

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

.... Sunshine laughing ..... others too polite to say they are as well ..... I have you on the calendar but no specific dates. Got tickets? Will you be joining us for turkey?

:turkey: Well since you probably have the only oven on island... :wink: Hubby isn't telling me a lot about what he's planning, he loves to dangle things right in front of me for the next few months. I can't tell if he already bought the tickets or is about to but we are definitely coming. Just let me know if I need to smuggle some food down in a bag, I don't have that premier status though so no 12 bags like someone else I read about on here!

JD - I can't believe you traveled to somewhere other than Little Cayman! What's that all about?
BTW, great trip report!

Bee:

I called the US number for their reservations office. You can find it on their website.

I prefer not to go through a third party like AA, the answers seem to get muddled along the way.

We don't usually either but husband has an extra entertainment book discount with AA that we can actually use in addition to the Curacao Now package. Just curious who you had booked with though since you were having rate problems.

It was quite a change for us from Little Cayman Carrie. Almost sent me into shock. We took Dottie with us to give it the Little Cayman flavor. We had a blast on Curacao. We will still make our three trips to Little Cayman this year. Curacao is competing for more face time next year!!

The rate issues occurred at check out and not on reservation.

The issue is still not cleared up, almost eleven days later. I have been promised they will address the issue today. No promise of correction, but at least a promise to look at it. Hopefully it will be corrected and become a non-issue. It has taken a lot longer than I would have expected for them to agree to review an obvious error correcting and even more obvious error. But then again, they are on island time, so in due time the matter will come to a conclusion.

As pormised, I will keep ypu posted.

Andreas, you didn't give me my temp U/W photog printout. Some of my pics came out great!!!

Hi Don,

I saw Bryan sent you all forms via email, so you should be a certified Master Scuba Diver soon :)

Maybe you can downsize some of your picture files and send them via email? andreas@allwestcuracao.com

All the best, we hope to see you again soon!

Andreas

Hey JD's... sorry I haven't wrote sooner but I just wanted to let you all know that we really appreciated the awesome trip report and we really hope to see you back here soon again!!

Could you please bring MORE cheese straws!!

Anyways, it was great having all of you here!!

Looking forward to the next JD Family outing on Curacao!!

All the best from the OEW team!!

Safe diving!
Bryan

Well, it has now been a day short of two weeks, and I have not received any conformation of a rate adjustment. All I have gotten is unfulfilled promises to review and correct, the last of which indicated last Wednesday as the day.

I am still holding out hope and withholding judgment.

I may just have to dispute the credit card charges. I hate that, but if you can't get them to correct their own errors, what else can you do?

I hope they will get it fixed.

JD - if you dispute credit card charges, they will pay from the get-go. Good for you, bad for them! Every disputed charge carries a fee whether or not the charge is adjusted. It would be in their best interest to correct the error before you dispute. And, since it has been 2 weeks, they should issue you a credit, not reverse the charges and re-charge, as that will cost them also.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom