curacao vis?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aquajon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
how has the vis been on the west end of the island. heading down in a few weeks. and hoping for some nice blue water with 100ft vis....

Last edited:
When are you going to be in Curacao? We will be there Sept 16-24 - staying a LKH. Looking forward to night dives to see the Coral Spawning.
In previous trips have never seen 100 ft vis - 60-80 is common. Best blue water site is Watamula.

2 weeks before you,,, last yr around the same time, begining of sept there was a lot of particles in the water.
we had 50-60ft vis..

2 weeks before you,,, last yr around the same time, begining of sept there was a lot of particles in the water.
we had 50-60ft vis..

I was the 2 weeks ago and 50 - 60 ft is probably a good estimate for what I had.

It seems to mostly depend on the last time we had rain. Last Sunday I had 100' vis, but where I was it hadn't rained in over a week. Last night we had a large storm, so I imagine the vis today is more like 50'.

Last week vis was pretty good, this week a little less. But still able to see a large Eagle ray @ porto marie yesterday:cool2: Looking forward to Playa Piskado today. Last week we saw 5 turtles there. Gustele, it was really great to meet you earlier this week in Varsenbaai. Great dives with The Dive Bus team. But was nice to put a face to the Scubaboard posts. Ayo for now, must go back to the real world tomorrow.

Tom

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom