Curacao wildlife report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

flying gunnard seen snorkeling by dive boats at the Marriott- Curacao 10/25/10

Attachments

• PA240050.jpg
    PA240050.jpg
    366.5 KB · Views: 903
What a pretty baby!!
Flying gunnard is great, too. Such vivid blue on his wings.

We had guests in for dinner tonight. They were in Punda (dry) and checking out the fishing boats and fresh produce from Venezuela. They saw a number of small reef sharks at the surface feeding on the fish scraps. Gustele and Kukuisa, do you see sharks when you dive the wreck in the harbor?

I never saw sharks while diving in the harbor. We occasionally see small dolphins at the surface in the harbor. Maybe they have seen these and thought they were reef sharks.

The bad sea conditions around Westpunt made us leave the beaten tracks, these days - and I got lucky, running into my 3rd Curacao Manta Ray at Seldom/Lighthouse!!!

It is good to have boats at OEW, so we can go where we want, even if most shore entries on the South-West coastline are barely accessible due to some big wave activity for the last couple of days!

But the weather can only get better, and we keep on smiling :)

Greetings from Curacao
Andreas

An oldy but a ... very interesting goody...sort of.

Attachments

• moray puffer.jpg
    moray puffer.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 104
  • moray puffer mix.jpg
    moray puffer mix.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 103
I have been diving all week in Curacao. Visibility is not what I am used to. Depending on where you dive there is sand on the coral also. Was in Bonaire before here. Was a little better there. The ocean has finally calmed down today.

Back
Top Bottom