Curacao wildlife report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My colleagues Toni and Steve, together with 18 divers, ran into a small (= 10-12ft) whale shark today diving between Elvin's Plane Wreck and Watamula!!! The water (and afterwards our boat) was full of krill, good food for the shark :)

There are pictures, we just need to get them from our divers, still...

Anyway, today there was the next cool spotting - a Nurse Shark at Rediho City!

Greetings from Westpoint
Andreas

There are pictures, we just need to get them from our divers, still...

Anyway, today there was the next cool spotting - a Nurse Shark at Rediho City!

Greetings from Westpoint
Andreas

Ha Andreas!

Great sighting. I love to see those sharks! One question, I am fairly familiar with diving Curacao, but I never heard of Rediho City, is it also known under a different name? What is the location?

thanks,

Roy

One question, I am fairly familiar with diving Curacao, but I never heard of Rediho City, is it also known under a different name? What is the location?

thanks,

Roy

Hi Roy,

Rediho City is a boat dive pretty much in the center of the area between Mushroom Forest and the former Sunset Waters Hotel. It is my absolute favourite for the diversity of the reef's landscape, and the many interesting creatures you may get to see there :)

Greetings from Curacao
Andreas

Still exploring after 3 years, David and I went to Playa Hundu (Hundu not Hulu) today (kinda between the old Sunset Waters and West of San Juan). Much easier drive in than San Juan and maybe the seas were a bit wavy - west side standards, so it was a little more difficult to exit on the rocks and coral. The shallows were not good for snorkeling but may be better with calmer waters. We went out to the left against the current and found the slope to be very steep. The reef was in better condition once you got further away from in front of the beach. No big sightings but a lot of different sponges and juveniles. It was still a good dive.

2 huge King Mackerels patrolling the edge of the reef at Playa Kalki today! On the way back to shore we saw a big Mutton Snapper eating a small Mojarra, and an octopus :)

I thought Rediho could not get better than last week - well that's what we saw today: 3 Seahoreses, 1 big Hawksbill Turtle, 1 small Green turtle, 2 Horse-Eye Jacks, 4 King Mackerels, 2 Eagle Rays!!!

I thought Rediho could not get better than last week - well that's what we saw today: 3 Seahoreses, 1 big Hawksbill Turtle, 1 small Green turtle, 2 Horse-Eye Jacks, 4 King Mackerels, 2 Eagle Rays!!!

Sounds great Andreas my wife and I will back there in 34 days and we are really excited about returning to Curacao.

Greg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom