Current Conditions at Mt. Storm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WVMike

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We finally got back to Mt Storm, for first dive of the year. Sunday April 4th. It turned out to be a good day. Sun was shinning most of the day with very little wind. It was 45 degrees when we got there at 9 am and 61 degrees by the time we left at 2:30.

There is still an outage at the plant and it looks like only one unit is running, susposed to put another one online in May.

The water temp was a pretty even 54 degrees all the way down to 110 feet. We had between 6 and 8 feet of vis, with the green haze.

There were four or five other groups up there, things are starting to pick up. :)

Thanks for the news Mike. I have already canceled the original dives I had scheduled for this coming Tuesday and moved them tentatively to Thursday. All based on long term forecasts. I will have to make a decision on Thursday tomorrow. I appreciated the report.

Thanks for the news Mike. I have already canceled the original dives I had scheduled for this coming Tuesday and moved them tentatively to Thursday. All based on long term forecasts. I will have to make a decision on Thursday tomorrow. I appreciated the report.

Good move, Mt Storm had six inches of snow on Tuesday. Looks like today is working out for you.

We are going to dive on Saturday the 11th.

I was going to go down tomorrow but looks like the weather will be crap and I'm coming down with a frigging cold! Been doing the alkaseltzer plus and halls and it's working but I learned my lesson about trying to dive while even a little bit congested. Sucks! I don;t get many days off during the week and it's too cold still to take Denise on the weekends. Gonna see how I feel at 7 am tomorrow. If alot better I may just go.

We dove today, temps still steady at about 54*F and vis..........eh, about 10'. Top side conditions were not terrible. We were the only ones there all day.

I was going to go down tomorrow but looks like the weather will be crap and I'm coming down with a frigging cold! Been doing the alkaseltzer plus and halls and it's working but I learned my lesson about trying to dive while even a little bit congested. Sucks! I don;t get many days off during the week and it's too cold still to take Denise on the weekends. Gonna see how I feel at 7 am tomorrow. If alot better I may just go.

Thats a bummer, Z and I are still going Saturday, should be there between 8:30 and 9.

Seems the weather is always nicer when you can't go. Sunday looks like the nice day this weekend, but I am doing the family thing then. If I could only get the wife and grandma to learn to dive. We could do Easter at the Storm :wink:

We dove today, temps still steady at about 54*F and vis..........eh, about 10'. Top side conditions were not terrible. We were the only ones there all day.

Glad you had a good day. Storm is still in reversal mode, usually the warmest place to be is in the water :coffee:

Let me know when you and Deb are going to do some weekend diving.

Glad you had a good day. Storm is still in reversal mode, usually the warmest place to be is in the water :coffee:

Let me know when you and Deb are going to do some weekend diving.
Just running the possibilities off the top of my head, I don't think we will be free to go before 26 April so about anytime after that that Deb thinks the water is warm enough works for me. We will let you know.

Back
Top Bottom