Current Conditions at Mt. Storm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just running the possibilities off the top of my head, I don't think we will be free to go before 26 April so about anytime after that that Deb thinks the water is warm enough works for me. We will let you know.

OK, we actually lost 2 degrees today. Temp was down to 52F. Could not see top of plant because of fog. Forty one outside temp and rain. But, there were still quite a few people there. One brave guy in a three mil.:depressed:

If anyone is going there this weekend, please post conditions. :) Thanks!

Mike,

Hopefully I will run into you and Z sometime soon at Mt. Storm. The last time I dove there was several months ago back in February, early March. Dave Browning, a local diver and me went up. Water was 51 then with an air-temp of about 56. I have a question though, my cousin went through a PADI Open Water course at his college. They did the check-outs for the course in the Florida Springs and he was unable to go.

He has taken the whole OW course and the final, just needs his 4 checkout dives. Would you be willing to do that at Storm for him? If you could PM me a cost I will share it with him and see if we can get something scheduled. He lives in Hagerstown, MD but visits often in the summer.

Take care

Mike,

Hopefully I will run into you and Z sometime soon at Mt. Storm. The last time I dove there was several months ago back in February, early March. Dave Browning, a local diver and me went up. Water was 51 then with an air-temp of about 56. I have a question though, my cousin went through a PADI Open Water course at his college. They did the check-outs for the course in the Florida Springs and he was unable to go.

He has taken the whole OW course and the final, just needs his 4 checkout dives. Would you be willing to do that at Storm for him? If you could PM me a cost I will share it with him and see if we can get something scheduled. He lives in Hagerstown, MD but visits often in the summer.

Take care

We are heading up tomorrow,saturday, should be there about 9-9:30.

I could do his check out dives, but he needs to get a referral from the instructor that did all the rest of training. I will send you a pm later, when I get home, with the details. Still at work :D

Oh my today it was a finde day at Storm. The viz was not bad at all(for Storm) The water realatively flat, the wind was below hurricane level and the sun was so very warm. Near 70. Now for the water temp was a balmy 52 at depth and a robust 55 on the surface. I believe summer has hit storm. Now for those of you who are interested in such things---only 1 stack with a promise of 2 by 1st week in May? Guess we will see. Today the old adage of real men dive wet, but smart men dive dry would seem to apply. That being said.... some guys have blue glooves and dry fingers.........

Anyone have a dive report for the Storm? May head that way Friday but would love to know the conditions.

Anyone have a dive report for the Storm? May head that way Friday but would love to know the conditions.

Last weekend was 64 degrees around the shallow platforms, 60-62 at the bottom.

You planning on diving any next weekend (memorial)?

I am getting my hands on a Whites Fusion drysuit to try out. Will be diving it next weekend.

Well, I am suppose to do a OW class at Summersville Lake that weekend.

So what are the water temps now, in late July?

Back
Top Bottom