Current Conditions at Mt. Storm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Water temps are still low to almost mid-80's(at surface)....as of yesterday. Vis is, well, you know! Lousy carp don't help.

Hey Spit, missed you and WV MIke at the cookout at Storm this weekend!

Eric, I am sorry I had to miss the cookout. I had to work the weekend.

I hope you had a good turnout and everyone had fun.

Hey Spit, missed you and WV MIke at the cookout at Storm this weekend!
Wish I could have been there....was coming back from visiting relatives that Friday before, but did get a chance to dive Jocassee on the way home Friday.

Only ones in the water today, great vis and a great day. Temps are really going up. 91-92*F on the surface, 89-99*F at 25', about 88*F at 50' and 86*F at the 90' platform. Just wear your shorts and a tee shirt, it's warm. Vis 10'-12', no current. Life is good.

Was there Monday. There was only one other dive group (3 in all....4 of us total). Vis was not near that good. You must have hit it just right.

Only ones in the water today, great vis and a great day. Temps are really going up. 91-92*F on the surface, 89-99*F at 25', about 88*F at 50' and 86*F at the 90' platform. Just wear your shorts and a tee shirt, it's warm. Vis 10'-12', no current. Life is good.

Sorry I missed it. I have been in Cozumel. The water is ONLY 84*F here. But the vis is a little better at 100 feet plus. Must leave today, boo hoo :depressed:

We did have some current, which makes life easier in the DRIFT of things. :cool2:

If I were in Coz I wouldn't be sorry about missing warm water at Storm. Have a safe trip back and post a trip report and pictures.

Back
Top Bottom