current conditions please!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sharky60

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
what are y'all getting for water temps? how the vis? seeing anything interesting?

Interested in doing a Dive Report for the radio station? ... let me know!

I was down the weekend before last, water temps were 84-85F, viability good to moderate (good down south at Chunchacaab, medium at Bricks thru Horseshoe decent at Cedral and Santa Rosa), currents were normal (not as slack as last year but not silly fast).

32Cjwr.jpg

yFf2TG.jpg

I was down the weekend before last, water temps were 84-85F, viability good to moderate (good down south at Chunchacaab, medium at Bricks thru Horseshoe decent at Cedral and Santa Rosa), currents were normal (not as slack as last year but not silly fast).
thanks!!

Last edited:
You can always check current water temperatures for Cozumel here -

Sea water temperature Cozumel today, yesterday and tomorrow. Cozumel sea surface temperature now. Cozumel average monthly sea temperatures. North America Quintana Roo Mexico.

Also, while not right at Cozumel, you can pull up hourly data on air and water temperatures, wind speed, direction, etc. from NOAA Weather Buoy #42056, which is 120 nautical miles ESE of Cozumel

NDBC - Station 42056 Recent Data

Thanks, i'll check these out.

I really prefer first hand accounts from fellow divers down there. Plus, people here on SB might want that info as well.

We've been here since Wednesday and the diving has been fabulous! Water temps 85-86 degrees. Viz excellent. Current mild. Great weather which has been in the 80's with some humidity. We've been diving with Aldora and have had the boat to ourselves (four of us) everyday. It's been very quiet here until this weekend due to the Ironman (shorter version than the one in November) that's taking place as I type. Before the weekend there were no crowds and the restaurants were pretty empty. Coming from Florida post-Irma has been great because at home diving has been almost non-existent in Jupiter due to low viz and big surf.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom