Current top drysuits for rec diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Congrats!!!

I had heard PADI had quit teaching bouyancy with drysuit, but I guess not. Regardless, I use my wing for bouyancy and only add enough air to offset squeeze.

DW

if i remember correctly the padi book says to only use drysuit for bouyancy with neoprene drysuits. I could be wrong its been awhile. my instructor told us to use are bcd for bouyancy case that is what we are used to using.

Not ScubaPro. The Evertec that I purchased is the worst piece of scuba gear I've ever purchased. Definitely stay away.

ScubaPro needs to stick to regs and fins.

For DUI, I'd add the Flex Extreme. Some of my students have been quite happy with theirs.
yea I had the evertec and got a hole in the non existent boot on dive 2. Waste of time the boot is a poor design, you can have boots over it and its not durable enough to be used on its own.

I agree on the quality. Waterproof makes great dry suits if they fit you and you like a baggy cut.
I finally received my Waterproof D7X Nylotech last month. Waterproof has redesigned the suit with much lighter but stronger material and designed the fit so that it is more like a wetsuit compared to their other suits. There is not nearly as much trapped air as in their baggy suits. I was able to remove six pounds of lead, which I haven't been able to do in over 2,000 drysuit dives. I've only made two dives in the suit so far but haven't had a single drop of water inside. It fits so well, that I don't even notice I'm in a drysuit underwater. It's by far there best suit I've ever owned.

I finally received my Waterproof D7X Nylotech last month. Waterproof has redesigned the suit with much lighter but stronger material and designed the fit so that it is more like a wetsuit compared to their other suits. There is not nearly as much trapped air as in their baggy suits. I was able to remove six pounds of lead, which I haven't been able to do in over 2,000 drysuit dives. I've only made two dives in the suit so far but haven't had a single drop of water inside. It fits so well, that I don't even notice I'm in a drysuit underwater. It's by far there best suit I've ever owned.
Did you try it or did you just used the measurement they have on their website ? I am looking at the D7X or the Santi e-motion, they both seem pretty good so I don't know how to choose and none of the dealers I know have them in stock :confused:
For the people using dry suit : what is the max sea temperature you use them ?

I last dove Red Sea in march, 21 degrees C in the water, D7x with 100g undersuit was perfect. This would also work in a wetsuit, but the wetsuit divers were cold on the boat and I wasn’t. :) I’m sure the actual Egyptians and people in UAE etc switch to dry at even higher temperatures…

I bought a new D7x for my wife from Deep Blue Dive Centre in the UK. They were extremely helpful. She needed a women's XL but they are not available in North America. Deep Blue contacted Waterproof and had a suit for her in a few weeks. It cost $1500 less than what I paid for mine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom