Custom Fit Techniflex Measurements

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gillty

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I have got my measurements for the USIA Custom Order Data Form and I have some questions. I am going with a custom suit to eliminate the bagginess that I experienced with my previous stock size large Aqua Pro Plus suit. However, I do not want to end up having restricted movement with my new TECHNIFLEX suit.

1. There is a place at the bottom of the form where I can check loose or fitted. How much of a difference will this make in the final suit construction? Does this mean every measurement will be made slightly bigger or just certain measurements?

I plan on having 2 sets of thermals, one will be the superstretch thermals for warmer dives and the other I will be using the Thermolux heavy thermals. So I am thinking I would want to go with the loose fit I just don't want it to be to loose.

2. All of my measurements that I have entered are pretty much exact, would I be better off allowing small amounts and then picking "fitted" at the bottom.

3. Overall I am just looking for some tips to get the best possible fit. FYI I have already watched the how to take measurements video on the website and have consulted my USIA dealer.

4. My previous suit(rear entry) had standard valve placements, shoulder dump, chest inflate, and urine dump. Will all of these be located in the same location on the techniflex. If not where are they now?

5. What entries are available on the techniflex? So far I have only seen the diagonal self entry design.

Thanks

Gillty

Before I can give you a really good answer, I would like to take a look at your measurements. One thing we noticed by going to a closer fit is that it tends to be a little different in terms of fit. Even though people have a full range of motion, they prefer a looser fit. We have actually adjusted our patterns to accomadate for this.

As far as valve placement, the inflate goes in the center of the chest on both the Diagonal Front Entry, the horizontal wrap around front entry and the rear entry. Standard placement is on the left forearm, but you can request that it be put just below the left shoulder in the same place that your previous suit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom