custom o-rings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One of the largest manufacturers of o-rings is Precision Associates in Minneapolis. They have one of the largest sections in the U.S.

I never thought I would create such an interest asking about o-rings. Just so everybody knows, I have ALL the o-rings I will ever need now. Yep, don't need o-rings anymore, nope not me, have enough o-rings now.

I suspect we can find quite a bit of interest. Will you check it out?

Sure. I'll contact them tomorrow and see what they say.

What material and durometer would we be looking for? EPDM or Viton 75 duro?

Henrik

Sure. I'll contact them tomorrow and see what they say.

What material and durometer would we be looking for? EPDM or Viton 75 duro?

Henrik
I would suggest EPDM as it has similar desirable properties for EAN and is not as expensive as viton. Duro 70 or 75 is good for that application.

Here's the deal from Precision:

Minimum order $40. Minimum per o-ring size $8. Plus shipping/handling.

For the 23-41 the prices are:

Black EPDM: $55 for 100 ($40 for 55)
Brown Viton: $40 for 125
Both 70 durometer

I asked about the 3-902 and their rep told me that the 3- prefix is the way that "parker" designates their sizes. Other than that, apparently those 3- sizes are identical to the standard 1- sizes. So she thought their 1-902 should work. Take a look:

Here are the specs for their 1-902:

Item # 1-902, Standard Size O-Rings (Nominal Dimensions) on Precision Associates, Inc.

Here are the specs for the 1-010 (as per awap it'll work in soft durometer):

Item # 1-010, Standard Size O-Rings (Nominal Dimensions) on Precision Associates, Inc.

Does this look like the 1-902 is the right size? Should we include it in a group buy?

Pricing for the 1-902:

Black EPDM: $40 for 195
Brown Viton: $40 for 300

Both 70 durometer.

Are there any other odd size o-rings we'd like to include? Any special Apeks o-rings?

So we can mix and match o-ring sizes in the order as long as the individual price per size is at least $8 and the total is at least $40. Viton is for some reason much cheaper than EPDM, so I'd suggest we go for Viton. Of course the prices she quoted was $40 worth of each size, so if we buy less the price per o-ring may go up a bit. It seems that there is a price break after 70 o-rings - as per the 23-41 in EPDM; $0.70/o-ring for less than 100 and $0.55/o-ring for 100 and over.

I'd be happy to handle a group buy. PM me if you're in, and let me know how many o-rings you'd be interested in. also include the address you would like your o-rings shipped to. We can divide the order shipping/handling cost according to the size of your part of the order or just pay a dollar or two each? Add a bit for a stamp to mail to you.

I'll keep a list of people in on the order here.

Let me know.

Henrik

Hey guys you can count me in, however note that a correction is in order. The poppet seals we are looking for have a c.s. of 1.0mm and an i.d. of 2.2mm. that would be item number 40-87 (0.040 c.s. X 0.087 i.d.)

Couv

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom