Cyklon 5ooo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Deepsix5

New
Reaction score
I have the cyklon 5000 and have been looking into the idea of putting some sort of swivel on the second stage, in order to make it more comfortable. I seem to have to keep a pretty hard bite on the mouth piece in order to keep it sealed and not breathing wet. It also seems to help if I keep the end pointed slighty down while diving. I have had it serviced and the LDS did try and find a swivel joint for me. However the poseidon seems to have an odd size hose to modify. Many of the after market mouth pieces don't fit either since the poseidon uses a larger mouth piece. I would like to hear from anyone who may have had this problem also.

DS

1. dont use swivels on poseidons
2. if the mouthpiece troubles you, buy a comfobite
3. if that does not help, buy a seacure or a jax
4. if that fails.... sell this reg and buy another brand.

best regards

Poseidon has a new style mouthpiece you may be interested in trying out, see if your dealer will pick up one of the new ones for you. Be sure to specify "new style". Most aftermarket mouthpieces won't fit, tho I have stretch a few in my day.
Cyklon hoses are propriatery, the normal reg fittings won't fit. There is no factory swivel or elbow for the Cyklon, & I don't know of anyone making an aftermarket swivel.
You might want to try a different length hose, they come in 70cm, 90cm, and 120cm, as well as 60", 84" and 108".

I noticed that the othr day Plunge diving in Sydney had some swivells to suit poseidon cyklons. Can't recall the price.

Their site is at www.plungediving.com.au and e-mail contacts are there.

I can't see a problem with a correctly maintained swivell, though some exponents claim that the extra potential failure point is not worth it. But it is the same potential for failure as any second stage swivell.

I can't help with the swivel, but I may be able to help with the wet regulator. If you slightly twist you mouthpiece clockwise it will cause your exhaust to dip down this will dramatically dry out your second stage, and this is as long as your second stage hose comes over your right shoulder. If you for some reason you bring it over your left shoulder give it a slight counterclockwise twist.

D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom