Cynical 'Faux Tech' Marketing = Dive Industry Shame

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You should be aware that plastic cylinder strap clamps age rapidly (???) with exposure to UV sunlight and the ocean environment..... These often crack and break (???) during your once in a lifetime vacation or cave diving trip as you add pressure to secure the tank

I'm sitting here, scratching my head, and trying to remember the last time one of my cave diving trips involved cambands of any kind . . .

"There is no ridged steel against your spine & drysuit causing pain."

"There is no ridged steel against your spine & drysuit causing pain."

Clearly, somebody tried to DIVE their rig the way the folks in Indonesia put mine together -- backwards!

Wow. Good times. Nice find Andy.

My personal favorite may be the "dealer info" page:

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Code removed as it may be triggering a false positive in certain A/V programs

But I also enjoy the Customer Feedback page.

It's amazing how 7 out of 13 responses sign their name either "...name" or "name/location." Great minds think alike, I guess.

Perhaps in third place is the picture of "his boat."

img242.gif

It's impressive how the tails of the q and p in "Equipment" go right through the ridge as if it isn't even there. Almost like it was done in microsoft powerpoint...

I googled "universal scuba texas" and the first result is blocked by my work due to [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Category: Sex;Adult Material"[/FONT][/FONT].

This is the gift that keeps on giving.

Last edited by a moderator:
In case Scott doesn't see this thread:
That dude is a former dealer. He was doing some shady crap and got caught, so we pulled his dealership....

Next thing you know, he started making Eagle-Z BCs and trying to sell them on ebay.

Way back in around 2003, we talked to our attorney about it, but decided that he wasn't really worth the effort. I watched his ebay auctions for a while and never saw one BC get sold.

As a funny side note, when DEMA was in Houston (2004) we actually visited the store (without any Zeagle logos on our clothing) and asked about the BC. The guy said, "This is the BC that is gonna put Zeagle out of business!!!"

I just laughed, left my business card on his counter and walked out.

When we saw him at DEMA, he did everything in his power to avoid walking past our booth.

:)

Read the testimonials on their site and then clicked on the "Dealer Info" link on the
bottom of the page for more entertainment.. Kaspersky Internet Security blocked
the page from loading and warned page was attempting to load a Trojan virus into my
PC.. This was at 2:25pm Eastern on 9/22/2010:

Attachments

• Eagle Dealer Page Warning.jpg
    Eagle Dealer Page Warning.jpg
    263.4 KB · Views: 75
They say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, but I see it as unmitigated flatulence. Scott, I can't tell you how many people have told me that their iteration of a Scuba Forum would be the death of ScubaBoard. Bwahahahaha! Somehow the imitations never seem to live up to the real thing.

Read the testimonials on their site and then clicked on the "Dealer Info" link on the
bottom of the page for more entertainment.. Kaspersky Internet Security blocked
the page from loading and warned page was attempting to load a Trojan virus into my
PC.. This was at 2:25pm Eastern on 9/22/2010:

Ya, AVG tried to stop me from loading this page JUST based on the link you posted....sketchy...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom