D-2000 Strobe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So do you agree than the Matthias's system coverts the analog signal from the internal flash into DIGITAL…. BEFORE sending to the optical cable? And that the Inon system sends the signal in analog form into the optical cable, arriving at the strobe head in ANALOG form, which then the strobe coverts into a digital signal?
If you agree then why did you say that both systems were in “fact they both use the same principal.” The Matthias's system, by converting into digital signal as soon as it leaves the internal flash head, yields a more cleaner, predictable signal as it travels through the optical cable. The Inon system on the other hand is relying on the placement of the optical cable to the IR filter so the strength of the ANALOG signal will vary on the distance or angle of the optical connection. Garbage in garbage out as it enters the strobe head. Converting into digital in the strobe will not help if the data is already bad.
I totally disagree with you. But I will not waste my time (or this forums time) in explaining this any more. It was your initial comment and opinion about Inon's 'Sham TTL' that I was trying to address, only because many new users gather valuable information from this forum about products, and un-qualified statements like these need to be discussed. I consider this dialogue closed.

We agree to disagree, that’s ok. But I am not the only one who seems to have some “questions” with the D-2000 Inon. Here is another person from Wetpixel.

Wish I had seen this article from the beginning. Looking at the set of pictures of the rubber duck, compare the two middle columns Z220/DA2/TTL and D-2000/S-TTL low.

http://www.wetpixel.com/i.php/full/slave-ttl-for-digicams1/

The Z220/DA2/TTL is what a normal TTL system should look like; even by changing the aperture openings from f3.5 to f8.0 the exposure pretty much stays the same. That is because the strobe is adjusting for the change in aperture.

The D-2000’s exposures are changing with the aperture openings! From an underexposed f3.5 to slightly over f8.0! Acting more like a MANUAL strobe in REVERSE!

I can appreciate your concern about the “new users” and their decision-making. But it would be irresponsible on our part to sell them a product that may have some “issues”, before discussing them thoroughly. Unless you are willing to be the resident guarantor of these products.

I do like Inon's ringflash idea on their macro strobe.

Back
Top Bottom